Home General Discussion
Options

Punch? (the brand)

Any thoughts on this brand in general? I've been thinking of ordering the CCOM Punch sampler, but have yet to be able to bring myself to bite the bullet. I've never really had any of the "stereotypical" cigar brands, Monte, Romeo, Punch, etc but I figured I might as well try incase theres something there I like!

Comments

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Ive had the punch punch corona. Not a bad little cigar. tasty and for about $3 a stick it was worth it.

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Punch was one of the first brands I tried when I got into cigars, and it was a good smoke IMHO. Never really followed up in exploring teh different sticks they offer, but now that you mentioned that sampler, let me go take a look myself... :-D
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I am a big fan of Punch. It is one dimensional but if you like that one dimension you're in good shape. Before internet sales, my dad smoked the Punch Chateau L Double Maduro almost exclusively and his cousin still only smoke that stick exclusively (over 35 years). Just the aroma brings back great memories. The way I view Punch is that it is a solid cigar that had remained consistent over the years. There is now doubt that some amazing things are happening with the new wave of blenders and growers but when I light up a Punch, it brings me back to the beginning.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    I've been interested in buying the brand but I've never heard of any good recommendations. I've seen the sampler as well but what one stick in particular would be a great one to initially tryout the brand with?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like the regular Punch line, the Punch punch is a nice size. I wasn't so crazy about the Gran Puro or the Rare Corojo though I'll need to revisit both and give them a fair shot.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the punch magnum (standard line) does well with about a year on it. i dont like it as much when its fresh.

but by leaps and bounds the best of the line is the Punch Gran Puro.

that cigar was in my top 10 for a good long amount of time.

that is the cigar that made me realize that i like Honduran Tobacco.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I had the Punch Punch as my first ISOM... wasn't impressed.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    I had the Punch Punch as my first ISOM... wasn't impressed.

i have yet to try that.
    i hear it needs age, but i wouldnt know myself.
  • Options
    AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I like 'em. I was gifted about a dozen punch in 1998 or 1999. I smoked them all but one. And It sat in my humidor and I just smoked it about a month ago. Yes, I'm serious. And I actually thought it tasted nicer then I remember. So I picked up a few more since then. They had more ... Well... Punch... than my 12 year old stick but was really a good, solid smoke. It doesn't hurt to pick 2 or 3 up with your next order and give them a shot. The price is reasonable here on Ccom.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Gran Puro has been one of my faves, haven't had one in a while (two in the humi). Haven't had a chance to try the Rare C.
  • Options
    thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    Can't stand the gran puro (had three in a leather case deal) but have nothing but great things to say about the Rare Corojo and the Uppercut.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The regular Punch Maduro Rothschild is a regular in my rotation. Can't beat the price on that one.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    My first 'Wow!' cigar was a Punch Rothschild. I was amazing! For a long time afterwards, Punch was my favorite cigar. When they came out with the Gran Puro line, I was in heaven! Over the last few years I've started to expand my horizons and I've acquired a taste for spicy/peppery cigars, but Punch is always a good stand-by for consistent quality and taste.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Someone sent me a couple Gran Puros a long while ago, and I've yet to smoke one. I ought to move it to the top of the list and see how I like them.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I've had a good number of Rare Corojo and it's a solid cigar. Have not had too much else from the line...