Home General Discussion
Options

Love the new Ccom magazine

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Well, last month's was pretty neat with the cigar & rum pairing page, but this month was a new surprise, with an introduction to some new faces in the industry (and some old favorites), as well as a great article on the new seed varieties that are starting to come up.

Just thought I'd post that I really like the info pages provided in the magazine

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Yeah, the articles were nice... felt a llittle more like a magazine and a little less like a catalog, which was cool. Nicely done CCom!

And before anyone else gets there Im stealing my own punch-line... yes, I DID learn that "articles were nice" line from the old Playboy days. LMAO! Must be yet another sign Im getting old. :-(
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Yeah, the articles were nice... felt a llittle more like a magazine and a little less like a catalog, which was cool. Nicely done CCom!

And before anyone else gets there Im stealing my own punch-line... yes, I DID learn that "articles were nice" line from the old Playboy days. LMAO! Must be yet another sign Im getting old. :-(
    LOL, i liked the articles too! ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    It is a nice one. I liked those goofy flow charts they used to do. They always made me laugh, and my wife would actually read them. And conviently there'd be some deal, or sampler on the same page. More than once she'd notice it and say something like "You should order these, that looks like a good deal". Whether it was or not, I almost always was ordering something shortly after.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I still say the print catalog is very well presented,the photos, reviews even the paper stock are all first rate. I have also been liking the articles lately. The 5v maddy being new in there probably would have sold a ton without the article on the blend. It was great to see some insight on the project.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I wish they would print more of them or something. I have only ever received two of them. I have asked to get put on the mailing list for them, but apparently they run out of them regularly. You guy's get all the vices... cigar shows, glossy pages full of cigars... B&M's. Canada is NOT the place to be if you are a lover of everything cigar... I can tell you that!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    laker1963:
    I wish they would print more of them or something. I have only ever received two of them. I have asked to get put on the mailing list for them, but apparently they run out of them regularly. You guy's get all the vices... cigar shows, glossy pages full of cigars... B&M's. Canada is NOT the place to be if you are a lover of everything cigar... I can tell you that!
    I didn't get the magazine regularly until I signed up 2 or 3 times in a row; I think it's something with their system. At any rate, now I get one (1) magazine when they release
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    xmacro:
    laker1963:
    I didn't get the magazine regularly until I signed up 2 or 3 times in a row; I think it's something with their system. At any rate, now I get one (1) magazine when they release
    Where do I sign up? I have asked Jeff about this several times, but he told me they are hard to get as they are so popular they seem to run out. I am now off looking for a signup sheet somewhere on this site, LOL.Thanks Xmacro.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    xmacro:
    laker1963:
    Where do I sign up? I have asked Jeff about this several times, but he told me they are hard to get as they are so popular they seem to run out. I am now off looking for a signup sheet somewhere on this site, LOL.Thanks Xmacro.
    For my clarification, the Ccom Cataloge and magazine are one and the same?
  • Options
    ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    I missed the review section in the latest mag...hope they bring it back
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Anyone read the DPG interview in recent issue??? Pepin, is asked how many cigars he smokes a day and he answers, "bout 10 or 11" Damn thats a fn lot of cigars,, It sounded like those werent just him sampling blends and letting them extinguish.. I took it as, he smokes a half a box a sticks a day,, WOW.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Anyone read the DPG interview in recent issue??? Pepin, is asked how many cigars he smokes a day and he answers, "bout 10 or 11" Damn thats a fn lot of cigars,, It sounded like those werent just him sampling blends and letting them extinguish.. I took it as, he smokes a half a box a sticks a day,, WOW.
    Lol! no wonder he blends so strong... he can't taste anything else! ;)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    The Kid:
    Lol! no wonder he blends so strong... he can't taste anything else! ;)

I have to admit, that^^^ was funny, lol.