Home General Discussion
Options

House Blends

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
As a lot of you guys know, my finances have been shaky at best recently. I was thinking of buying a box of Padron 6000 and a box of something else after my finances start looking up. I guess it's kinda hard to believe that I've never smoked any of the house blends, but I'm curious about them.

I've read nothing but good things on the forums about the purple label and the Brazil label, but I haven't heard too much about the others.

Any input?

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    If you're gonna get a box I would suggest either the Purple, Cuban or Brazilian label.. all great smokes, but for the same price you can get 3 of each label in a sampler, thats what I did and it gave me a chance to try each one 3 times to see which I liked
  • Options
    brazil is very tasty......i never would have thought it. i received a few from a recent win, and im telling you......def try...
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Haven't had the Purple or Cuban yet, but am looking forward to them. I've liked the Red and Brazil so far. Blue not so much. It'd be a great yard/garage/activity cigar but wasn't what I was looking for as an evening smoke.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I actually posted a mediocre review on the Brazilian label few weeks ago, I was very pleased with the smoke...my next favorite was probably the Red label. Great maduro.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I got a box of cuban label a while ago and have enjoyed them a lot.
  • Options
    Has anyone had the Cameroon or the Corojo? I've heard the Corojo label was rolled by Pepin Garcia, but haven't heard much about it. Seems that not too many people are crazy about the blue label.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Todays deal is $2.79 each for some very good sticks. I think the house blends are only like .25 cents less....
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I got a house blend sampler last week. they look and smell good. and soon they will start to face there fate.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    They are all good. For me, the Blue and Red labels are the least interesting. The Corojo has recently become my favorite. I have actually sort of gotten to the point where the Brazilian label doesn't do much for me. Gotta try the Cuban Label again.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I just had the cuban label. very nice. construction wasnt top notch but it was a great burn, flavor is very nice. this could be a great starter smoke. i had the robusto. and at $2.50 a stick you cant go wrong.
  • Options
    rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    I bought the sampler and enjoyed all except the blue really. Fav's were the cameroon and purple though. Cameroon had a nice spice to it. Best after a meal. And the cuban and red are also very nice. You just really cant go wrong with the sampler, especially for the price. Also try the primero line.
  • Options
    Anyone remember what Alex Svenson said about bringing the sumatra label back? When was that going to be? Maybe I'll hold off on the sampler order til that comes out.
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    I have tried the Brazilian, Cuban and Corojo. Brazilian was a good smoke, very subtle nuances to it and good overall flavor. The corojo wasn't bad, spicy but not overpowering. The cuban however, was a great smoke. I would put that smoke in my rotation any day. Creamy, smooth smoke, with tons of flavor and plenty of strength. Also, wwhwang, pm me for info about deals on the house blends.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Don't think I saw a thread about a specific Sumatran label, but I do know he said that they're adding a Sun Grown to the line (we could be talking about the same thing).

I've never had a sun grown wrapper...looking forward to when that thing drops (Alex said later this summer and it would be the last addition in the house line).
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I remember Alex talking about, but can't remember when he said it was coming out...but he did say there would be a dd on them once they come in.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    illinoisgolf99:
    If you're gonna get a box I would suggest either the Purple, Cuban or Brazilian label.. all great smokes, but for the same price you can get 3 of each label in a sampler, thats what I did and it gave me a chance to try each one 3 times to see which I liked
    +1 on 'golf's idea - I would suggest getting the sampler and trying them all. There are a lot of nice sticks among the house blends, and the only one who can decide what you like best is you. :-D