Home General Discussion
Options

smoking jacket

Do any of you ever wear a silk/velvet smoking jacket or know of anywhere I may be able to purchase one for a reasonable price?

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    It would be P.I.M.P to have a smoking jacket. I hear they are pretty pricey...
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    since its over 100 degrees outside where i smoke . i think i would skip the jacket. but maybe in the winter time. i always wanted to be hugh hefner !
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Not me I live in the "hood" I might get my ass shot off for wearing a funny ass coat in my neighborhood jk
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    jship079:
    Not me I live in the "hood" I might get my ass shot off for wearing a funny ass coat in my neighborhood jk
    Well, you have to have the right hat to go with it. image
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    jship079:
    Well, you have to have the right hat to go with it. image
    Think of it as a conversation piece...
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I have a "smoking jacket t-shirt" (like a tuxedo t-shirt). Got it free from...wait for it...Black and Mild. Hey, if they want to send me free schwag with no branding on it, who am I to say "no"?!
  • Options
    chrisd56chrisd56 Posts: 77
    Photobucket
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    chrisd56:
    Photobucket
    I knew this pic would end up on here, lol. I don't bother with a smoking jacket in the summer time, winter time, I just use a robe.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    vegassparky:
    since its over 100 degrees outside where i smoke . i think i would skip the jacket. but maybe in the winter time. i always wanted to be hugh hefner !
    Could probably just wait til Hef kicks the bucket, then pick up one of his for a song at the estate sale...

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    lol. Awesome.

My winter smoking jacket is an E. German Army winter-weather coat. It has that awesome, evil, commie tiger stripe cammo pattern and makes me feel like a badass! I have an E. German AK that I'll build one of these days to go along with the jacket. :)
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    WOW ! CCOM will find anything your heart desires !!! LMAO
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    As a serious answer to the original question, I have spent a LOT of time along this subject... Smoking jackets have gone seriously out of style (unfortunately), and pretty much cannot be found outside of specialty clothiers... From what I recall, you can order one from Brooks Brothers, as well as a couple different other mens clothiers. My favorite mens clothier in Sausalito, CA is Gene Hiller, and they were more than willing to make a beautiful custom smoking jacket...for around $1,200.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    PIZOW

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I can't believe nobody else has mentioned this yet, but check EBAY! I did a search and found dozens on the in about 2 minutes on there...
  • Options
    coronaex30coronaex30 Posts: 35
    I'm with vegas and jship #1 i live in s. florida there's just no way you could wear a jacket down here! Winters aren't even really cold enough for that! #2 Only women could get by wearing something like that, unless you're in South Beach!
  • Options
    turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    Diamondog:
    PIZOW

The Continental drinking some "champ-pag-nee" for the win!

Awesome
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    turn_key:
    Diamondog:
    PIZOW

The Continental drinking some "champ-pag-nee" for the win!

Awesome
    Needs more cowbell.