Home General Discussion
Options

CCOM needs a chat messenger on here

come on ccom...u guys have everything in world we want and need, but no chat messenger?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I agree with this!
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    This is sucha nice community that I'd actually probablys pend alot of time in a ccom chat. Having constant plugs for products you sell cant hurt the site.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    come on ccom...u guys have everything in world we want and need, but no chat messenger?
    +1. Actually, I think all the communications options on here could use an upgrade... being able to e-mail or PM the CCom staff from here without worrying about them not getting it would be nice.

What was that noise? Was that the window of opportunity opening for IT positions at CCom??? :-D
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Total agreement.

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Agreed!
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Ya that would be totally awesome!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    We could always create an IRC channel for ccom. It would take about three seconds and it's pretty easy to get people on - even if they are complete IRC noobs.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    yeah...i would be that noob!
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    I would be down for this, IRC included. I need a refresher though lol it's been soo long
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    We could always create an IRC channel for ccom. It would take about three seconds and it's pretty easy to get people on - even if they are complete IRC noobs.
    +1
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Alex / Andy / Tim / Josh, you listening? We need chat feature!!! I was honestly just thinking this the other night when I needed to get a message to Joey fast.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    TatuajeVI:
    +1
    dont' know what that is, but I'm down like a circus clown.
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    TatuajeVI:
    Noob? Probably not supposed to be flattering, but it sounds cool. Which means I'm probably one.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    TatuajeVI:
    +1
    IRC = Internet Relay Chat it's like how most MUDS and other nerdy trends started long before a MMORPG was even a dream um.. I think it's pretty cheap to "own" a IRC channel we'd just have to password it to keep trolls out n whatnot
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    could password it so active members who have lets just say 25 post with good traders standing can get on? that would be fair so we cant get bombarded with mean people or people who are just there to annoy others and ads and what not
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    An imbedded chat feature would be better for sure IMO, since it doesn't have to be subjected to most corporate firewalls which block IRC. Otherwise IRC is great, and anything is better than nothing right now!

Sniper, I suggest you drive up to the CCOM offices and stand outside with a "Will work for cigars" sign ;)
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hayblet:
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    TatuajeVI:
    +1
    IRC = Internet Relay Chat it's like how most MUDS and other nerdy trends started long before a MMORPG was even a dream um.. I think it's pretty cheap to "own" a IRC channel we'd just have to password it to keep trolls out n whatnot
    That's all well and good, but a chatroom that is actually on the page would be better.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    After being on here for a couple of years, I would be happy as hell with just the email feature working.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Hayblet:
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    TatuajeVI:
    +1
    Wow... is that a foreign language? French? Swahili?

Just one MORE sign Im getting old I suppose... :-D

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I don't know. Part of me feels like ccoms backwards and difficult format keeps a lot of morons out. I think I'd just like things to stay the same than risk it going to hell. So many times I've been part of a good forum only to watch it grow too big and become stupid. I think adding chat and that kind of stuff would only tamper with what's already a good formula.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Russ55:
    I don't know. Part of me feels like ccoms backwards and difficult format keeps a lot of morons out. I think I'd just like things to stay the same than risk it going to hell. So many times I've been part of a good forum only to watch it grow too big and become stupid. I think adding chat and that kind of stuff would only tamper with what's already a good formula.
    I think this is why I would want an IRC Channel rather than have an embedded chat feature. Only the regulars would get on pretty much. It's relatively easy to teach someone to ban IP addresses for trolls, but there are certain things I just am not familiar with in IRC.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Russ55:
    I think this is why I would want an IRC Channel rather than have an embedded chat feature. Only the regulars would get on pretty much. It's relatively easy to teach someone to ban IP addresses for trolls, but there are certain things I just am not familiar with in IRC.
    I live with an IT guy I'm sure he would know
  • Options
    well, I nominate Hayblet to figure it out. He seems to speak the lingo and has an IT in house... anyone care to second my nomination? haha
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    there used to be a chat room associated with cigar.com. not sure what happend I think interest waned.
  • Options
    that is a wonderful IDEA!!! hope it happens soon
  • Options
    I'll look into the cost of an IRC server then post the details once I do number crunching or w/e
  • Options
    zmcgrewzmcgrew Posts: 16
    Hayblet:
    Oh MUDS...
    > north
    * You move north.
    * You see a cigars, cutters, and lighters.
    * There are serveral BOTLs mulling around smoking.
    > get cigar
    * You pickup the cigar.

On a serious note, I give a solid +1 to the irc channel. I'd personally suggest freenode.net, they have a lot of spam prevention in place, which really helps.

Maybe a #ccom or #botl?