Home General Discussion
Options

Ccom 262 Cigar Reps

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I hate to bring this up here but since this is aimed at guys who are on here and who got connected with 262 Cigars through this website I decided to post this here. That and I can't remember who all got involved and who didn't lol. I went to bat for a few guys so you could get on board as an independent rep for a new company and get your foot in the door in the cigar industry. Some of you made me proud and are kicking butt. Some of you took 20, 40, 60 cigar samples and no one has heard from you since. If you are one of those people please do the right thing and return the cigars or at least call someone and let them know your status.

Cigar rep work is a lot harder then you think. Not everyone is made out to be a salesmen. As a new company there is a ton of rejection to deal with. I am not hating on anyone or mad at anyone. No one else at 262 is mad at anyone. Trying to get everything better organized and in order and we need to know if you are still on board or if it is not for you.

As always buy more cigars from Ccom!!

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I can say that it truly is a tough gig. It's tough having a solid product and having guys that don't want to bring it on. It's even tougher when they allow you to pass out some samples to regular customers and they still don't bring you in to the store. I went thru that with Cascade Cigar up in Portland. They got all excited and so I got excited too and then the owner says "no thanks". It's kind of frustrating, especially when you have 20 samples and you hand out 10 of them at one location and 4 at another and no one signs up.

With that said, I'm pretty busy with my 9-5 to dedicate the time to this gig. It's a lot more time consuming than one would think. Especially since my day job is very demanding (I am the Service Manager of a Dealership and am building a new Service Department from the ground up). I have been in sales over 10 years and done pretty well but this is totally different. Lately I haven't had the time, with work and moving, to kick myself in the butt and I feel bad that 262 has been back burnered. It sucks too because I had high hopes for this deal. I still have high hopes for the brand but I'm thinking that I'm more of a roadblock than a helper at this point.

It's funny that you brought this up Jake. I was just mulling this over this morning and wondering what I was going to do.

as always, buy cigars from Ccom
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I would rep but there is already a rep in the area lol....but its tough here in Sac cuz our shops dont really want to sign up lol but i do think 262 is a great cigar
  • Options
    This wasn't a business shout out and I am not attempting to air dirty laundry. Whatever a guy decides to do is between them and the company in private. This is a hey I helped you out and you are making me look bad call out to a few people which is a personal thing. Not saying names and like I said I am not mad. Just want guys to do the right thing is all. Not much else to say about it and I appreciate everyone's support and well wishes.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    If I wasn't the only smoker (and I mean cigars) of all my friends I would so love to rep this company, I LOVED the only 262 I got from Mr. Sandman and my fail B&M doesn't seem to have them :( I would just love to go to random B&M's that don't carry this brand, smoke one with the proprieter (spelling?) and try to convince him to carry Paradigm's product.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I bought 2 boxes from my b&m that that he bought jsnake, looking to buy a third soon... Keep up the good work. I'm a consumer, lol... I sell the cabinets I make and that's it...
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM Jake
  • Options
    Just checked and it didn't go through. I don't have any messages from you.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    If I wasn't the only smoker (and I mean cigars) of all my friends I would so love to rep this company, I LOVED the only 262 I got from Mr. Sandman and my fail B&M doesn't seem to have them :( I would just love to go to random B&M's that don't carry this brand, smoke one with the proprieter (spelling?) and try to convince him to carry Paradigm's product.
    The company is 262, btw....the currently available cigar is the 262 Paradigm.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have been going to shops here in Buffalo and keep getting tossed left and right by greedy shop owners who sell overpriced cigars and I have listened to all owners complain about how ridiculous the tax is on cigars in NY and that no one wants an unknown cigar that sells for 12.95 ..... I've had a few shops that have been remotely interested but think that its lets make a deal. I have gone to the indian reservations and got the same old story , sales are slow and they only buy a few months out of the year and they are overstocked . I have gone in to a few places that are franchises and only purchase through their approved distributor . I have been fairly sting with my initial samples and depending on what was discussed I would leave a single tore and torp or just a single for the person who makes the decision to purchase to try. I have had a few call backs with some just saying with how slow business is they cant take on any new brands. This rep is really a lot tougher than i thought. I have called a few places in some of the bigger cities outside buffalo like rochester and syracuse and have been stonewalled as well.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The basic thought that an unknown won't sell is BS. I tell them, as cigar enthusiasts, the best part of our hobby is trying new cigars. If the sales people like the smoke, they will tell the customers, and they will sell like crazy. Some reps have 3 or more reorders already. Would you rather have a box of Fuente Sun King B on your shelf for 8 months, or have a box of 262 that is gonna sell in a couple of weeks?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    This wasn't a business shout out and I am not attempting to air dirty laundry. Whatever a guy decides to do is between them and the company in private. This is a hey I helped you out and you are making me look bad call out to a few people which is a personal thing. Not saying names and like I said I am not mad. Just want guys to do the right thing is all. Not much else to say about it and I appreciate everyone's support and well wishes.
    I don't think anyone thinks you are mad or airing dirty laundry. I can appreciate that you feel a certain way and are willing to speak your mind and if I am one of the letdowns on here, I can accept that completely because I know that if I let anyone down, it's only because I have commitments of higher importance like my family and job and for that, no one can fault me.
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    The basic thought that an unknown won't sell is BS. I tell them, as cigar enthusiasts, the best part of our hobby is trying new cigars. If the sales people like the smoke, they will tell the customers, and they will sell like crazy. Some reps have 3 or more reorders already. Would you rather have a box of Fuente Sun King B on your shelf for 8 months, or have a box of 262 that is gonna sell in a couple of weeks?
    I agree 100%. I have 2 stores that told me no at first. One of my stores has ordered 21 boxes in 2 months because they can't keep them on the shelves. It is their best selling brand in the store now and we only have 1 blend! You have to use stuff like that and that we are in Outlaw Cigar and currently have 47 stores in 7 months to your advantage.

Sales isn't for everyone though. Also trying to balance this with family, other jobs and responsibilities is a huge challenge. I admit I feel overwhelmed often. I do it more for the love of cigars and this product directly. If I wasn't passionate about it I couldn't do it.

Dennis and anyone else who feels my statement might apply to them just call Clint or Jerry and let them know your status. If you can't do it no hard feelings. We just need to know what areas we have covered and who is still out there trying to sell. My statement was more directed at one or two individuals who got samples and did nothing at all. The guys who tried and decided it wasn't for them.......we are good.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Poker Slob:
    I agree 100%. I have 2 stores that told me no at first. One of my stores has ordered 21 boxes in 2 months because they can't keep them on the shelves. It is their best selling brand in the store now and we only have 1 blend! You have to use stuff like that and that we are in Outlaw Cigar and currently have 47 stores in 7 months to your advantage.

Sales isn't for everyone though. Also trying to balance this with family, other jobs and responsibilities is a huge challenge. I admit I feel overwhelmed often. I do it more for the love of cigars and this product directly. If I wasn't passionate about it I couldn't do it.

Dennis and anyone else who feels my statement might apply to them just call Clint or Jerry and let them know your status. If you can't do it no hard feelings. We just need to know what areas we have covered and who is still out there trying to sell. My statement was more directed at one or two individuals who got samples and did nothing at all. The guys who tried and decided it wasn't for them.......we are good.
    That just isn't right, taking the samples and doing a damn thing? Not good

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Hey, jsnake. Is this company still looking for reps in the northeast area? I wouldn't mind talking to some local B&Ms here in my area if the territory isn't covered already.