Home General Discussion
Options

Idea for Good Traders list

What would you guys think about setting up a new thread, or editing the first post of the traders thread to have a general, alphabetized list that would be easy to reference? Just throwing an idea out there.

Comments

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    That sounds like an awesome idea.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. Better than surfing through hundreds of pages just to make sure he guy you're trading with isn't going to screw you.
  • Options
    Now how is this huge list going to be compiled? lol
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    JSaint:
    Now how is this huge list going to be compiled? lol
    Lol thats the only problem. I have tuesday off work, I might have to get busy going through the 170-some pages hahahahaha(puts gun to head)
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I would say lets put all current active brothers there like Laker myself and most of the people who postwhore everyday then update it with new people like Ol_Jalopy who I traded with last week?
  • Options
    Lol I have been keeping track of the trades I have been doing and I have a list of 7 guys that are good traders.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    think it would be a good idea if we're starting a new list to have a section for bad traders as well. I think guys who stiff people should be made public. It has to be a real stiff though. Not someone who just got pissed their package didn't arrive in four days.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    agreed about public humility! lol
  • Options
    lol Already have a name for that list.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    JSaint:
    lol Already have a name for that list.
    as long as it's not mine. haha
  • Options
    lol its not.
  • Options
    I dont think Ive even traded with you yet =p.
  • Options
    Sounds like a bunch of really good ideas here. I think I'm gonna try and get cracking on this when I have some time.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Who gets to decide whether a brother is active or not? Some people come and go and come back to this forum with significant time lapses in-between. It would be too bad to leave them out just because they don't post ****.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Who gets to decide whether a brother is active or not? Some people come and go and come back to this forum with significant time lapses in-between. It would be too bad to leave them out just because they don't post ****.
    Heartily agreed... there's plenty of good guys on here that have come and gone, and I would readily trade with any of them.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Just start compiling a list guys. Since I am a pretty new to the trading game I only have about 7 - 8 guys on my list. If you guys know someone that is a good trader Im sure Surfingzeeko would like to know.
  • Options
    Oh man that would make it so much easier if people PM'ed me the good traders they have interacted with. The only issue with this thread as I am thinking about it, is that I don't want to kill the Good Traders and Stand up Folks thread. If only cigarstudent was on here more often, and could edit the original post....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    surfingzeeko:
    Oh man that would make it so much easier if people PM'ed me the good traders they have interacted with. The only issue with this thread as I am thinking about it, is that I don't want to kill the Good Traders and Stand up Folks thread. If only cigarstudent was on here more often, and could edit the original post....
    im the second post on the thread. i can edit mine if you want.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It would be easy enough to start a new thread only for the list, and continue using the old thread to post pics, thank yous, etc.
  • Options
    Thats true, just have a straight up list, label it: Good Traders List(REFERENCE ONLY)
  • Options
    That sounds perfect. Where would this be created in? Trades forum?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    JSaint:
    That sounds perfect. Where would this be created in? Trades forum?
    Makes sense to me!
  • Options
    GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    I thought about doing this a week or so ago. If you guys want it done I'll do it. I'll start going through posts. PM people if you want.
  • Options
    We could do a collaboration. You take the first half, I take the second, create word files for it and combine.
  • Options
    surfingzeeko:
    We could do a collaboration. You take the first half, I take the second, create word files for it and combine.
    So far i have about 117 names starting with the most recent posts.
  • Options
    Well nevermind then LOL keep up the good work. btw, your package went out today, hope you're ready for some heavy lifting lol
  • Options
    Haha, I'll get a forklift on standby
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    We do this on one of the gun boards I belong to. After each name will be a +1, +21, +4 -1, whatever number of positives and or negatives they have received. Works well.
  • Options
    The holy list has been formed!

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/173523.aspx