Home General Discussion
Options

Tower Humi set up.

cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
Photobucket I have this humi its new and I have a moist n air humidifier. I add a small 4 inch fan with a timer that turns on and off every two hours for air flow. Tried fan on bottom and seem to keep bottom humidity lower and increased top humidity after a day now trying fan on top and waiting for results. Also added salt in cup to try to absorb some humidity since its so high the last few days. Trying to balance humi. Top and bottom differ. there is a 3/4 inch space infront of shelves between door. Any suggestions welcome except to ship it to your house. lol

Comments

• Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    cooch36:
    Any suggestions welcome except to ship it to your house. lol
    There goes my suggestion image

Seriously though, beautiful humi, but I have no help for you since all mine are desktops. Enjoy!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Keep the fan on 24/7. That's what I do in mine but I have 3 really small fans.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Awesome. It looks great. Is there a way to manage temperature control in something like that?

Also, I showed this pic to my wife. She looked at it thoughtfully for a while, and said "That's what you should get". I asked her if she was just **** with me, but she's serious....
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    Awesome. It looks great. Is there a way to manage temperature control in something like that?

Also, I showed this pic to my wife. She looked at it thoughtfully for a while, and said "That's what you should get". I asked her if she was just **** with me, but she's serious....
    You are a lucky man lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Awesome cabinet, sorry I have nothing else to help you out. But that is just freaking sweet!!!

And Russ...you should be out shopping right now bro!
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    drool lol..wish i had a cabinet...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that cabinet!
  • Options
    for only 600 bucks...its freaking awesome! lol
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ya it was to cheep to pass up anything smaller cost the same I was going to build a 400 cap humi bought all the wood spent 150 just on wood. And realized I would out grow it in a few months so I waited. I'm very happy just heat is up because of northeast heat wave and humidity is 70+% outside so fighting to get that down. would tell anyone this is a good buy on a well made humi. And if you wife tells you you should get one don't let her sleep on it lol! Ty cab i'll leave the fan on.
  • Options
    i dont know if ill buy one like that or go bigger or just build a massive wall unit in my spare bedroom of the closet...basically a 6 foot wide, 8 foot tall humi lol...i would think that would hold around 5000-8000 cigars lol
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    i dont know if ill buy one like that or go bigger or just build a massive wall unit in my spare bedroom of the closet...basically a 6 foot wide, 8 foot tall humi lol...i would think that would hold around 5000-8000 cigars lol
    all hail a 5000-8000 humi. would you also fix up a nice guest room?
  • Options
    well if i built that humi it would go in my office when my roommate moves out...and then the other spare bedroom would be a guest room for sure for when I have parties people can just crash in there
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Perhaps you should place a fan in both top and bottom for equal distribution of air.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ55:

Jump on it. Quick!
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    This is amazing. A Dream of mine. You are the man for pulling this off if you're married, dude.
  • Options
    Big T smokes:
    This is amazing. A Dream of mine. You are the man for pulling this off if you're married, dude.
    recently Divorced now i can afford stuff since im not paying her bills anymore.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    wow, that looks great. I can't wait till I get a cabinet

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    beautiful..............
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Sweet Cooch! Very Jealous. Enjoy.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Holy, I think I need one of them...a divorce that is.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I've had several, they tend to get expensive!
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    bigharpoon:
    I've had several, they tend to get expensive!
    After what it cost me last yr it feels like I hit the lotto!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    cooch36:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ya it was to cheep to pass up anything smaller cost the same I was going to build a 400 cap humi bought all the wood spent 150 just on wood. And realized I would out grow it in a few months so I waited. I'm very happy just heat is up because of northeast heat wave and humidity is 70+% outside so fighting to get that down. would tell anyone this is a good buy on a well made humi. And if you wife tells you you should get one don't let her sleep on it lol! Ty cab i'll leave the fan on.
    Just curious are you happy with your purchase? Would you buy this same cabinet again or a different one? How is your humidity holding up? Noticed you had a few problems with it. I'm looking into buying a cabinet very soon and need some suggestions.
  • Options
    the slots where u have the singles....2nd to bottom area...doo they give u move of the adjustable dividers...that would be my big thing cuz i have a bunch of expensive gurkhas i would want to use divdeders for
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    cooch36:
    I have this humi its new and I have a moist n air humidifier. I add a small 4 inch fan with a timer that turns on and off every two hours for air flow. Tried fan on bottom and seem to keep bottom humidity lower and increased top humidity after a day now trying fan on top and waiting for results. Also added salt in cup to try to absorb some humidity since its so high the last few days. Trying to balance humi. Top and bottom differ. there is a 3/4 inch space infront of shelves between door. Any suggestions welcome except to ship it to your house. lol
    The only real thing I notice that may not be a big deal but kinda raises a red flag in my mind is that you're using salt to try to absorb the moisture? Shouldn't you just toss in some dry beads to do that? I wouldn't want to risk increasing the amount of salt in the humidity in there - could affect the taste of your gars and if any salt does get into the gars it'll cause them to dry out at an alarming rate when they arn't in the humi... not to mention taste terrible...

I'm not the best informed (Kuzi?) so don't take it as a gospel, but I wouldn't want to risk that happening?

Also, Welcome!

As for the fan, I'd suggest one of two things that have been suggested already, leave it on 24/7 or get a second fan.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    love the avatar gad, very classy haha
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin, and check my jealousy at the door... Thats a real sweet setup you got there man!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Looks fantastic. I'll second the suggestion of dry beads to absorb humidity. Salt sounds like a bad idea...

How do you like this humidor? That particular humidor is on my list of things to buy in the next year. Maybe convince my wife to think about it for a Christmas present if we can pay off the credit cards...
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Very nice setup. I want a cabinet so bad its crazy. I too am hoping to pick one up this Christmas.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Just curious are you happy with your purchase? Would you buy this same cabinet again or a different one? How is your humidity holding up? Noticed you had a few problems with it. I'm looking into buying a cabinet very soon and need some suggestions.
    Bump had a few questions for you cooch....didn't want you to miss them....guess i could just send you a PM