Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

j0z3r's 6000 post contest.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm thinking about adding a little wrinkle to this game, let me know what you guys think.

My thought is to take one of each cigar named, at least what I have on hand, unband and number them and pick one at random on the day of my 6000th post. I think this will make it more random and for sure more interesting...at least for me.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    seems fair?
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    That sounds like a good idea.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'm thinking about adding a little wrinkle to this game, let me know what you guys think.

My thought is to take one of each cigar named, at least what I have on hand, unband and number them and pick one at random on the day of my 6000th post. I think this will make it more random and for sure more interesting...at least for me.
    Joe,
    Are you picking the number or the actual unbanded cigar? If it is the cigar, pick the short one as I laid claim to the Cain NUB, LOL....
  • Options
    I think you should celebrate your 6000th post with your favorite cigar, say a LFD CC #1? lol
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I'm changing my guess to Monday and Boli PC.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:

Joe,
    Are you picking the number or the actual unbanded cigar? If it is the cigar, pick the short one as I laid claim to the Cain NUB, LOL....
    haha. I had thought about potentially identifying the cigar by feel or appearance, so I think it will be a number draw that will determine the cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:

Joe,
    haha. I had thought about potentially identifying the cigar by feel or appearance, so I think it will be a number draw that will determine the cigar.
    Joe, you can do it by feel, I don't mind, just feel for the short one. Don't make it so difficult on yourself. I am just trying to make it easy on you, that's just what good BORK's do.........
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:

Joe,
    What about the day you smoke it on? Does that not count anymore then? Just checking...
  • Options
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:

Joe,
    What about the day you smoke it on? Does that not count anymore then? Just checking...
    yes, the day will still count, but all along I had intended for the cigar to carry more weight.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    I shall go with Sunday and Liga Privada.
    Make it happen Joe!!!!!!!!! Need the Liga, I'll send you a replacement one ...hhahaha
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Just slow down, turbo Joe. Wednesday.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Now I'm all for a good sunday smoke! What could be better then smoking on a great sunday afternoon?
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Now I'm all for a good sunday smoke! What could be better then smoking on a great sunday afternoon?
    Smoking on Wednesday...
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    Sandman1am:
    Smoking on Wednesday...
    HUMPDAY !? NO WAY !!! Tuesday evening would be a fine time to enjoy an LFD Double ligero Chisel Tip however... I do believe. image
  • Options
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:
    Sandman1am:
    Smoking on Wednesday...
    HUMPDAY !? NO WAY !!! Tuesday evening would be a fine time to enjoy an LFD Double ligero Chisel Tip however... I do believe. image
    I am going with cabi on this one, no better way to make through the rest of the week, than having a *****Cain NUB Maduro***** on hump day, right Joe? You can post your answer, it's ok Joe, you know you want to. Just wait until Sunday to post it.................
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Tuesday smoking an airbender.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Damit Joz3r's you only have three hours to post eight times and fire up a Quesada tributo or Im out can I get a few bumps LOL
  • Options
    jship079:
    Damit Joz3r's you only have three hours to post eight times and fire up a Quesada tributo or Im out can I get a few bumps LOL
    That a boy Joe, pace yourself. Tuesday is a way's off yet and that LFD Chisel Tip Double Maduro will most likely be at its peak that night. Just sayin"image
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    cholmes8310:
    Monday with a JDN Antano Dark Corojo. Sounds good doesn't it???
    editing my date, cigar stays the same. POST FASTER!!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:

I do like this idea. forget about the day. Take all the cigar guesses.

Write them on a pc of paper w 1 through on there. Put all those numbers into a had. # you pull is the winner. (that way you dont have to mess around with all these unbanded cigars.

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:

Write them on a pc of paper w 1 through on there. Put all those numbers into a had. # you pull is the winner. (that way you dont have to mess around with all these unbanded cigars.

I like both these idea's... but... how would this affect the actual day you reach 6000 and the guesses for that day? What stick you smoke should be your choice out of the sticks recommended but having the winner be declared from a raffle type draw makes the other part of this contest of guessing what day it would happen redundant, wouldn't it? I don't care how you decide Joe... as long as you smoke that LFD DL Chisel Tip on Tuesday LMAO. Whatever you do decide Joe...ENJOY your stick and remember what a contribution you make to these boards, and how much you are appreciated for it around here. Thanks Joe.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Hey Joe how's life today buddy?
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    wwestern:
    Great day to make 6 posts and smoke a Padilla 1932, eh?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:

I like both these idea's... but... how would this affect the actual day you reach 6000 and the guesses for that day? What stick you smoke should be your choice out of the sticks recommended but having the winner be declared from a raffle type draw makes the other part of this contest of guessing what day it would happen redundant, wouldn't it? I don't care how you decide Joe... as long as you smoke that LFD DL Chisel Tip on Tuesday LMAO. Whatever you do decide Joe...ENJOY your stick and remember what a contribution you make to these boards, and how much you are appreciated for it around here. Thanks Joe.
    In all honesty Doug, the "guess the day" part is something I thought would be good but started liking less as time went on. The cigar will be guessed by raffle draw and any I don't have will be substituted with the closest cigar I have to the one guessed so everyone has a chance.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    wwestern:
    Indeed! Actually any day's a great day to smoke a 1932 IMHO looks like the day doesn't matter now though which is good cause Joe's slacking today.
  • Options
    No posts in a while from Joe! Not too fast though, you definately want to wait a day.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    No posts in a while from Joe! Not too fast though, you definately want to wait a day.
    Yeah. he seems to be savouring the moment like the end of a fine stick.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    wwestern:
    Great Idea!
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    wwestern:
    Great Idea!