Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Broadcasting live from ...

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
Broadcasting live from ... the new house !!! Finally, after selling our previous home and getting that closed out and two failed/disasterous home inspections on two others we liked , we found and purchased the perfect house for us at this time so everything certainly worked out for the best. Closed on the new house today the 26th but we had early possesion so we have been moving for about a week. House is only about 2 years old and was originally purchased while under construction by a engineer who had a lot of upgrades added. Unfortunatly for him he lost his job here and had to re-locate to Washington state for a new job. About 1700 Sq.Ft. main level . He was in the process of finishing the basement , completely studded in and all electrical wiring in place just waiting for sheetrock, a ceiling and a electrician to finish. Will contain a family room , a rec room open to the family room , a office/exercise room and a bathroom complete with shower ( already in place) . This will add about 1000 more sq.ft. Also leaves plenty of unfinished basement which has a utility room and plenty of space for mowers , tools , storage etc. Lot is about 3/4s of an acre . Big enough I say. I envision the rec room being changed from the plans he had drawn up to be more of my man cave area. I'm thinking maybe like a 8 foot curved bar (wood) and a nice area to enjoy a smoke and a beer at ( just have to work out that ventalation deal). No pool but the back yard is level to gentley sloping so one can be put in to appease the wife with no problem (next year). Moving is a real headache, how in the world do we save so much stuff and why !?!? Oh my God I'm tired !!! Well anyways , christened the new back deck last night by burning a Montecristo ISOM from a BOTL here who is north of the border. Will be unpacking boxes for a while but glad to be back on here with you guys !!! Speaking of you guys when my wife and I got home from the loan closing today, I found a totally unexpected package from sirfoster83 in my new mailbox. How awsome that some of the first mail here was a cigar bomb !!! I think thats a sign from the cigar gods hahaha ( contents on the good ...no ...great trader thread ) Thanks Brian that just made a good day great ...much appreciated bro. Gene ...

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Hey, man, totally missed this post. Congrats on your new house. Hope you post some pics up soon.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Congrats Gene...so, herf at your place this weekend? Smile [:)]
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Congratulation bro'. I hope you and the wife are very happy there for many many years Gene.
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Congratulations man!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats and post us some pics!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    congrats geno...what did you fire up to christen the new place?
  • Options
    Luko:
    congrats geno...what did you fire up to christen the new place?

Thanks guys, Luko I fired up a Montecristo ISOM to christen the new deck ...awsome smoke !!!
  • Options
    I'll post up some pics once settled in ...
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Congrats on the new house, many happy years to come!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Awesome Gene! Great to hear some good news! Cant wait to see the pics.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and looking forward to some pics
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats man! That's awesome!!!