Home General Discussion
Options

Humi shopping

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new 100-150 count humidor. I'm trying not to spend more than $80 or so. Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    You have a pm.
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Replied
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Here's a few nice ones in your area......

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/1841686468.html
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/1812515898.html
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/1850661499.html

The nice thing about craigslist is that you can barter......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Ah! Craigslist. Great idea. Thank you, sir.
  • Options
    Jumper:
    Replied
    Replied. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    Have you thought about a coolidor? 1/3 of the price of a fancy humidor with 5x the space?
  • Options
    I would love to build a coolidor. But I'm a college student with 5 roommates, so I just don't really have room.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Jumper:
    Replied

And back
  • Options
    Jumper:
    Russ55:
    Jumper:
    Replied

And back
    Replied. I like that one you linked. I've never bought from that place though, so can't say anything good or bad about the retailer.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    If you haven't gotten anything yet, check out ebay, they have 400 ct. humis for about $70 shipped
  • Options
    I saw the ebay stuff. It looks pretty good, but I'm a little concerned about what the quality of those is like.
  • Options
    I've seen some humis with hygrometers located on the outside of the humidor so that you don't have to actually open them up to read the rh. Any thoughts on this? Is there a drawback to having the hygrometer on the outside? Does it make it less accurate?
    EDIT: Already answered!Thanks, Illinois!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    The humis with hygrometers outside, especially if they are analog, are notoriously inaccurate, if you get one of those I would also get a digital hygrometer to put in the humidor
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    PM sent
  • Options
    Geno5000Geno5000 Posts: 56
    Careful about buying humis off of Craigslist. While I'm sure there are reliable ones, it's a crapshoot on how well they will seal and etc. Safe to say CL is always one big crapshoot.
  • Options
    Geno5000:
    Careful about buying humis off of Craigslist. While I'm sure there are reliable ones, it's a crapshoot on how well they will seal and etc. Safe to say CL is always one big crapshoot.

Yeah I tend to agree with you. I'm actually buying a new humidor because the one I have now doesn't seal well. Plus, it only holds like 25-30 cigars.
  • Options
    jship079:
    PM sent

replied