Home General Discussion
Options

placement of bands

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
While looking at the cigars on here, I'v noticed that the bands on different cigars are in different locations. Is this the manufacturers choice or does the placement mean anything? I looked at the different posts on bands, but I didn't find anything.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    manufacturers choice. Whatever works to catch the consumers eye.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Cigars with a footband means you have to send them to me, haha.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The original purpose behind bands was to prevent getting tobacco stains on your white gloves ... seriously. Our hobby comes with a lot of pretension. Footbands were originally used on cabinet or bulk cigars, it kind of signified they were cheaper.

Today though IMHO it seems that companies just kind of do what they want. Most footbanded cigars are still cabinets but it has nothing to do with price anymore.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    madurofan:
    The original purpose behind bands was to prevent getting tobacco stains on your white gloves ... seriously. Our hobby comes with a lot of pretension. Footbands were originally used on cabinet or bulk cigars, it kind of signified they were cheaper.

Today though IMHO it seems that companies just kind of do what they want. Most footbanded cigars are still cabinets but it has nothing to do with price anymore.
    HE LIVES!!! haha. I was just talking about you in another thread, hadn't seen ya around. Hope everything is good. Neat info too. I had no idea that was why bands were used.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Sweet pic by the way Roland. I love the darktower series. I plan on tearing through them again in a year or so because I read each of them as they were released and never again. I could use a refresher.