Home General Discussion

Do you keep your bands?

Went to a place in Los Angeles that had tables with cigar bands, faded and worn, applied to a table and looked very cool. Some people keep bands and keep track of them to make sure they know what they like. Any grand plans for your bands?

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I place mine in a white bin ever time, but its always empty on Tuesdays and Fridays...

Another reason I dont keep em is cause thats just evidence of how many/much I have smoked incase the wife gets mad at me and points "wasting money" stuff...
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    i'm keeping them but i don't know what I'm going to do with them. One idea I had (i saw soemthign like it on here) was I was going to put them all on the top of the lid of my coolidor (maybe with a glue stick) and cover it with clear contact paper.

Any other ideas are welcome.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    yep. some day i will do something with them
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I have a binder for bands from new cigars. Duplicates are in a ziplock bag.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep them. I have an idea what I'm going to do with them. If it works out and I can figure out how to do the photo thing, I'll post it.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My wife made two wall displays for me (sorry they are little out of focus)
    The next project with the thousands of bands I have is a scrapbook (no laughing)
    I talked the warden into doing it for me!
  • TheDrifterTheDrifter Posts: 83
    I have a pocket size marble note book that I keep mine in, I write quick notes and tape the band in there and sometimes keep tallies of ones that I really like. It's great because it's pocket size so I usually keep it with me when I'm smoking or running to the B&M to make sure I'm not buying something I didn't enjoy but perhaps forgot, since we all know it's easier to remember the ones we love and not the ones we hate.
  • Geno5000Geno5000 Posts: 56
    Primo mancave decor.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    I've been saving some in hopes of creating a collage of some sort to eventually hang on the wall - we'll see what happens
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    I have saved one of every different cigar I've had whether I liked it or not. May just end up like like my running shirts. Have one from every race I've run in the last 30 yrs and they're just in storage boxes. When I'm gone it'll give the kids something to clean out while they lament the fact there's no valuables left for them.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I haven't saved any at this point. I really need to, as I already find myself wondering if I've tried some sticks.
  • GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    I'm keeping mine in envelopes for now. I have some really awesome ideas for them but I'm waiting until I have a nice collection.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a bunch of them that i have kept over the years. ill unload them at the right moment. its happened once before where i got something for them in a trade but, the chances of that happening again are slim to none. iduno. i just keep em for no good reason.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    kuzi16:
    i have a bunch of them that i have kept over the years. ill unload them at the right moment. its happened once before where i got something for them in a trade but, the chances of that happening again are slim to none. iduno. i just keep em for no good reason.
    +1

No idea what I'm going to do with them, but I want lots of them on hand for when I figure it out.
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    My wife keeps them, that way when she feels the need to by me a stogie, she take a few of the bands to the smoke shop and says give me one of these.
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I keep mine to add to my pack rat nest.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I think I am going to glue mine to something. Right now I have them in a book and like 50lbs of other books piled up on top of it.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • post is a little aged but thought it was a good topic. I am starting to save them. im not sure what i will do with it though. i have about 900+ bottle caps i want to make a Baruit table out of just need about 600 more. so i might use the labels on the border.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    My wife and I threw this together. Next is going to be a table top for the patio and morning coffee.

• laker1963:
    My wife and I threw this together. Next is going to be a table top for the patio and morning coffee.

That looks great
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    laker1963:

Pretty neat! think I saw a custom humi with cigar bands as well! This thread will be interesting to watch as I have a bunch I saved as well!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Very nice. After I saw this thread I started saving mine so I could do something like gypsy's framing. I've got quite a few, so it won't be long and my man cave will have new decor on the walls.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    t_evan50:
    Very nice. After I saw this thread I started saving mine so I could do something like gypsy's framing. I've got quite a few, so it won't be long and my man cave will have new decor on the walls.
    Will the wife approve? :D
  • Nick2021:
    t_evan50:
    Will the wife approve? :D
    I would assume since its a Man cave she doesnt have to.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    I just had the thought. If I ever get a smoking area inhouse I will plaster the outside of the door with them. I do save. I am amazed at how much I've smoked in such a short period of time when I open the drawer I keep them in.