Home General Discussion

Identity crisis

Some people, (me), are not always familiar with the cigars that are being described. For example, someone may mention a God of Fire. I know I have seen them in the mags but have to do some searching to find that it is an Arturo Fuente. The person may state it's their favorite but then I still don't know if they're referring to the Sumatra or Cameroon. I can always ask what they meant and I know it would be a few extra key strokes. Just a suggestion to help the newbies and me. You certainly won't make me feel dumb by always being specific. But then maybe I just need to catch up.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Definitely a good idea. Specificity is always appreciated, and makes it easier, for instance, to read a review!
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    We will do our best to give the full description of the sticks we smoke or talk about.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    I always have two tabs open here, one on the forum, one on the cigar list just to know wth people are talking about sometimes lol
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I second that sentiment.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    surfingzeeko:
    I always have two tabs open here, one on the forum, one on the cigar list just to know wth people are talking about sometimes lol
    i do the same thing. my problem is that im not always quick with the acronyms. the SCCC had me for a day or two.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    surfingzeeko:
    i do the same thing. my problem is that im not always quick with the acronyms. the SCCC had me for a day or two.
    That had me for a while I think the main problem when people mention God of Fire it's just that they don't mention the Carlito which I think is the Cameroon or the Don Carlos which is the Sumatra and sometimes useage of the acronyms can be a little tricky