Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Bad News

So much bad stuff happening around the country today. The news was so depressing that I had to go out and get a couple of cigars.

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    what's going on?
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Susan Bolton's ruling on the AZ lawsuit, a lot of negative stuff coming out about the Financial Regulation bill that was passed, and another unfavorable ruling for Christian college students such as myself.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    LINKAGE?

• Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    yeah what a bad day...i ran out, bought a 15dollar rum infused...best smelling cigar ever today that is special, also 2 other sticks that is supposed to be mnade with rare tabacco...and my gf bought me a gurkha art deco pre embargo lol

So i hope i am not being offensivg jumper...but if ur a religious person isnt smoking bad in the bible? I wouldnt know as I am not religious....just curious
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    yeah what a bad day...i ran out, bought a 15dollar rum infused...best smelling cigar ever today that is special, also 2 other sticks that is supposed to be mnade with rare tabacco...and my gf bought me a gurkha art deco pre embargo lol

So i hope i am not being offensivg jumper...but if ur a religious person isnt smoking bad in the bible? I wouldnt know as I am not religious....just curious
    Nope. There's nothing in the Bible that says "Thou shalt not herf". There's not anything in the Bible against alcohol either, just the excess and abuse of alcohol.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    As far as th AZ law being ripped apart, yeah its a bad day. but i think AZ should sue Obama and the federal gov for neglect of the borders. Then the ranchers who have lost family members and income from the borders not being taken care of should sue too. and since obama wants to parden all the illegals, lets parden every criminal.... like Charles Manson....and wow that would solve the over crowded prison issue. just venting
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I'm sorry, but the expulsion story just makes me chuckle LOL
  • Options
    aaahhh...got it....told u im not religious...
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    In regards to politics and religion I certainly have my opinions and beliefs. I have no problem with people who voice theirs that support mine or differ from my own. But what works best for me, when I'm among friends I seldom discuss them. I try my best to stay in my "happy place" and politics seldom make me happy.
  • Options
    Vegassparky, I agree with you on the specifics of the AZ issue, but there is no way that a lawsuit would benefit Arizona in this case. Ultimately, it is an issue of executive power. So the Judicial branch is only being used to justify Obama's preference to not enforce the borders. Realistically, even if a judge ruled in favor of AZ in a hypothetical lawsuit against the federal government, it is STILL up to the President to enforce the ruling... against himeslf. But I get your point.
  • Options
    docedwards:
    In regards to politics and religion I certainly have my opinions and beliefs. I have no problem with people who voice theirs that support mine or differ from my own. But what works best for me, when I'm among friends I seldom discuss them. I try my best to stay in my "happy place" and politics seldom make me happy.
    It's not a matter of making me happy. These issues obviously don't make me happy. But I feel that it's necessary for me to inform myself and discuss and have input instead of complaining about things after the fact.

Joey, no offense taken, bud. Wayne is right, it does not expressly say in the Bible that smoking isa sin or anything like that. You could potentially make an argument out of the "your body is a temple unto God" passage, but even that is a stretch.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Freedom of religion is starting to lose to the freedom of lack of morals alot these days and it is depressing.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Jumper:
    docedwards:
    It's not a matter of making me happy. These issues obviously don't make me happy. But I feel that it's necessary for me to inform myself and discuss and have input instead of complaining about things after the fact.

Joey, no offense taken, bud. Wayne is right, it does not expressly say in the Bible that smoking isa sin or anything like that. You could potentially make an argument out of the "your body is a temple unto God" passage, but even that is a stretch.
    Ture seeing as every other time "your Body" is used its meaning the body of believers and not the human body.
  • Options
    well i only ask cuz i used to have a really religious co worker...yet we would go to tahoe, drink, gamble, and of course have a cigar....so it was weird...lol