Home General Discussion

A little help please...Which sampler should I buy?

I'm pretty new to this but I am quite enthusiastic. Problem is there are so many choices I was hoping some of you "experts" would give me a suggestion on a sampler to try.

What I like so far

As I am currently out of the US I have been able to enjoy two brands of Cubans: Romeo y Julietta #2 and Montecristo #2. Both are amazing.

What I've ordered

So far I have ordered a Rocky Patel variety sampler as I hear they are a good brand.

I have also ordered a Nica Libre assortment although I hear you should age those a bit.

Any recommendations? I value your time and opinion.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    AJ Dirty Dozen Sampler. Best sampler ever.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    2nd that. Any price limit to your choices?
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    That's a really good sampler.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    There are several Don Pepin samplers that have a great selection. (you'll see people refer to Don Pepin Garcia as DPG, btw) The DPG Cuban Classic, Series JJ, and the Tatuaje Havana VI are three absolutely fantastic cigars that DPG makes. Here's a great little sampler for DPG: Yummy!

Don't forget to try the cigar.com house blends. You'll be surprised at how good some of them are. And for $2 a stick or so, it's a great money saver!
  • hardbuckhardbuck Posts: 14
    There is not really a price limit for known quality IMO. However, I am trying to stay a bit modest until I hone in on something I like. Thanks for the input.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    My favorite sampler is the DPG 90 rated with 10 cigars. Not sure about what you like so far cause Ive only had 2 real cubans. So it may or may not be too intense for someone new. Its a little pricey on this site though. link here all amazing full bodied smokes. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-JXASST19

You cant go wrong with AJ, although I havent tried the LHC line or the Diesel. Love his MOW and Padilla habano. Luckily I have some Deisel UHCs on the way to try. Jury is still out for me on his Fusion blends. I have a few at rest.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    There is also an option to build your own sampler by going to samplers - Custom Sampler. I believe there are at least 100 cigars to choose from. I have done this a few times to try stuff that I wasn't sure of and didn't want to buy 5 packs.
  • hardbuckhardbuck Posts: 14
    Thanks for the recs. I just got the AJ dozen as well as the DPG 90+ sampler. They also threw in a Rocky Patel 5 sampler so that was a nice little bonus. I'm pretty excited about what is waiting for me in the humidor when I get home. O yeah, I'm excited to see the wife also^^
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I think ccom has a best of 09 sampler out there that I really enjoyed. Giving a FULL array of different sticks in price ranges, flavors, body, strength and sizes. Nothing quite sums up the entire world of cigars like that sampler. However, you are a little spoiled in that RyJ and a Monte#2 are fantastic cigars that just about everyone would take a box of if they had the money. Good luck!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    hardbuck:
    Thanks for the recs. I just got the AJ dozen as well as the DPG 90+ sampler. They also threw in a Rocky Patel 5 sampler so that was a nice little bonus. I'm pretty excited about what is waiting for me in the humidor when I get home. O yeah, I'm excited to see the wife also^^
    Those are all excellent choices, I think you're gonna be completely psyched.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    hardbuck:
    Those are all excellent choices, I think you're gonna be completely psyched.
    +1. Hope you make it home soon.
  • Ironmick63Ironmick63 Posts: 100
    I just started a fews months ago also. My 1st sampler was the tin man sampler. I was very happy with it, I would buy it again.