Home General Discussion
Options

Tatuaje

Being the Don Pepin fanboy I am and being attracted to shiny objects, I've been trying to acquire as many limited edition Tatajues as possible. I purchased some Verocu tubos and a Black Tubo. The Verocu was very good, but only a marginal upgrade from the Havana VI. I have the opportunity to purchase a few Boris and Dracs, at a substantial price. My question to you all who have experience with limited edition cigars and, specifically Tats, is what Tatuajes offer a great, unique flavor profile justifying the cost. i know worth is relative, but I've smoked enough cigars that a $20 cigar is worth it as long as it offers a flavor profile somewhat unmatched by other cigars (God of Fire, 1926 Padron are worth it). Thanks Evan

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had the opportunity to buy a rare tat today and turned it down. dont get me wrong, i like tats. the red tubo is a solid smoke as well as the black. the Havana and the other regular run cigars in their line are very good cigars. ive had a few of the LEs but i just dont get excited bout them the way i get excited about other cigars. I know this may seem like Blasphemy to a few of the folks around here, but i just cant get into Tats. the brand may be in my top 25 and ill smoke one whenever one finds its way into my hands, but rarely will i shell out my own personal cash for one. im just not that impressed.
    i will hand it to them... the flavor profile is very Unique.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    The Cojonu series is quite good! I really loved the Cojonu 2009. If you get ahold of Puro Freak, his local B&M carries a slightly box-pressed version of the Tatuaje Noella - it's delicious, and a bit different, strangely enough from the normally produced Noella. The El Triunfado Lancero (the original blend) is probably my favorite from Tatuaje. Ok, not probably, definitely. If you can find them, jump on them.

I have not had the Drak or many of the VERY limited production runs. I'd love to, but I question the price I suppose. Same with the new line La V
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I can't speak on the Boris or the Drac, never had one. The only limited one I had was the T110. I liked it a lot. But I don't think it carried a high price tag, it's just hard to come by. What's funny, is that the most affordable Tat, the Ambos Mundos, broke into CAs top 25 for 2009. I haven't tried it yet, but hear it's good.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    lilwing88:
    I can't speak on the Boris or the Drac, never had one. The only limited one I had was the T110. I liked it a lot. But I don't think it carried a high price tag, it's just hard to come by. What's funny, is that the most affordable Tat, the Ambos Mundos, broke into CAs top 25 for 2009. I haven't tried it yet, but hear it's good.
    I can vouch for the Ambos Mundos Sumatra (No. 2 I think). I used to smoke em all the time in college as opposed to the Miami. It's maybe half a notch below for about half the price. I've got one in my humi and will post a review when I smoke it.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    thehoff:
    lilwing88:
    I can vouch for the Ambos Mundos Sumatra (No. 2 I think). I used to smoke em all the time in college as opposed to the Miami. It's maybe half a notch below for about half the price. I've got one in my humi and will post a review when I smoke it.
    I saw a box of 25 on sale for under $100..... I might bite one of these days.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    lilwing88:
    thehoff:
    lilwing88:
    It's not for everybody. The cigar is a little rough around the edges but the flavor is great. As many people I now that loved the cigar have hated it as well. If you love the unique Tatuaje flavor you should enjoy it. Sure beats $200 for a box of Miami. I would suggest a single or two first.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    thehoff:
    lilwing88:
    thehoff:
    lilwing88:
    It's not for everybody. The cigar is a little rough around the edges but the flavor is great. As many people I now that loved the cigar have hated it as well. If you love the unique Tatuaje flavor you should enjoy it. Sure beats $200 for a box of Miami. I would suggest a single or two first.
    I've had both the Sumatra and the Habano and I have to say I'm more of a fan of the Habano. The Sumatra that I had was an almost overwhelming nutty/sweet flavor, almost like peanut brittle. It also developed a bit of sourness towards the end as well. I have another one resting so I guess we shall see how it does a few months down the road.