Home General Discussion
Options

August COTM

Did anybody get their's yet or know if they shipped out? Mine haven't shipped out yet.

Comments

• Options
    J-RodJ-Rod Posts: 1
    Mine haven't shipped yet either. I was kind of expecting it today when I got home from work.  Looks like Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest for me. oh well.. cheers
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I received mine on Friday.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Mine has not shipped wither. Oh well it will get here when it does.
  • Options
    so what was in the pack this month? I've been curious about this and wondering if it's worth signing up for.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    surfingzeeko:
    so what was in the pack this month? I've been curious about this and wondering if it's worth signing up for.
    I've been considering signing up for it too, actually. I've heard a few gripes here and there, but I've never actually heard if the COTM package was worth it.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    surfingzeeko:
    I've been considering signing up for it too, actually. I've heard a few gripes here and there, but I've never actually heard if the COTM package was worth it.
    I like the choices they make most of the time, but it would almost always be cheaper to just buy those as singles off the site. However; when you're new to all this it's nice because deciding what to try can be very daunting. After a while though you start to figure out what you like, and don't like, and the value of it every month begins to get a little hazy. If you buy a lot from ccom every month the discount can often pay for itself.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Sorry to say I can't help you with knowing if it is worth it or what this months come with. I just signed up so I know I'm getting the beginner pack. I know it comes with a Graycliff 1666 and i believe the Sol Cubano Artisan. Just guessing on those because they seem to come through a lot in trades and packages from winning contests.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Thewelder:
    Sorry to say I can't help you with knowing if it is worth it or what this months come with. I just signed up so I know I'm getting the beginner pack. I know it comes with a Graycliff 1666 and i believe the Sol Cubano Artisan. Just guessing on those because they seem to come through a lot in trades and packages from winning contests.

I wasn't aware of there being a 'beginner pack' since you always get a printed sheet of cigar notes, casn't find mine from 04/2010 when I signed up (I actually received the cigars on 3/4/2010) but I thought it was date 04/2010 and detaailed all the gars I received. This is what I actually received in that first package >

Padilla Miami Salomon
    Graycliff 1666 Presidente
    Gurkha Centurion Perfecto
    Gurkha Legend Robusto
    Man O' War Special Edition Figurado

The next month 5/2010 I received the following on 5/3/2010

5 Vegas Triple A
    Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Selectos
    Ernesto Padilla Signature 1932 Robusto
    George A. Rico G.A.R. Robusto
    La Flor Dominicana Ligero L-250

Followed by the 6/2010 pack on 6/1/2010

Don Pepin Garcia Vegas Cubanas Generosos
    Gran Habano Corojo #5 Robusto
    Macanudo Hyde Park
    Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Toro
    La Aurora Double Corona

The 7/2010 pack arrived on 6/28/2010 and contained

CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Robusto
    5 Vegas Limitada 2010 Belicoso
    Carlos Torano Noventa Latin
    La Estrella Cubana Oscuro, B
    Cubao No. 5 Toro

The 8/2010 package arrived yesterday 7/31/2010, contents

Casa Magna Colorado Robusto
    Casa Magna Oscuro Toro
    Cu-Avana Toro
    Fonseca Cubano Limitado Toro
    Quesada Tributo Julio

I am a little dissapointed with this package since I appear to have received the Casa Magna Robusto in place of the Gran Toro which was stated in the notes that came with it.

Anyone else find the same?

I agree with Wayne that the value of the contents appears to diminish over time, basically you are paying $6.78 / cigar, whether the retail, single, box or any other price you wish toi compare it to warrants that. The 10% discount is great, you get it on just about anything you buy from ccom and if thats a lot per month, may pay for itself.

The cigars themselves were interesting this month, all from Manuel Quesada, whose offerings I have not yet tried, so I am going to enjoy trying them in spite of the issue with the Casa Magna Colorado, it may be they ran out of Gran Toros or someone just slipped up putting packages together, peple make mistakes, no biggie, I'll continue to receive the cotm packages while they serve the purpose of allowing me to try out different sticks without the hassle of trying to decide which, or simply going for whatever is a bargain, which can often be a mistake, ending up with a pack or box of gars you don't like.

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    MrMoke:

I wasn't aware of there being a 'beginner pack' since you always get a printed sheet of cigar notes, casn't find mine from 04/2010 when I signed up (I actually received the cigars on 3/4/2010) but I thought it was date 04/2010 and detaailed all the gars I received. This is what I actually received in that first package >

Padilla Miami Salomon
    Graycliff 1666 Presidente
    Gurkha Centurion Perfecto
    Gurkha Legend Robusto
    Man O' War Special Edition Figurado

The next month 5/2010 I received the following on 5/3/2010

5 Vegas Triple A
    Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Selectos
    Ernesto Padilla Signature 1932 Robusto
    George A. Rico G.A.R. Robusto
    La Flor Dominicana Ligero L-250

Followed by the 6/2010 pack on 6/1/2010

Don Pepin Garcia Vegas Cubanas Generosos
    Gran Habano Corojo #5 Robusto
    Macanudo Hyde Park
    Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Toro
    La Aurora Double Corona

The 7/2010 pack arrived on 6/28/2010 and contained

CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Robusto
    5 Vegas Limitada 2010 Belicoso
    Carlos Torano Noventa Latin
    La Estrella Cubana Oscuro, B
    Cubao No. 5 Toro

The 8/2010 package arrived yesterday 7/31/2010, contents

Casa Magna Colorado Robusto
    Casa Magna Oscuro Toro
    Cu-Avana Toro
    Fonseca Cubano Limitado Toro
    Quesada Tributo Julio

I am a little dissapointed with this package since I appear to have received the Casa Magna Robusto in place of the Gran Toro which was stated in the notes that came with it.

Anyone else find the same?

I agree with Wayne that the value of the contents appears to diminish over time, basically you are paying $6.78 / cigar, whether the retail, single, box or any other price you wish toi compare it to warrants that. The 10% discount is great, you get it on just about anything you buy from ccom and if thats a lot per month, may pay for itself.

The cigars themselves were interesting this month, all from Manuel Quesada, whose offerings I have not yet tried, so I am going to enjoy trying them in spite of the issue with the Casa Magna Colorado, it may be they ran out of Gran Toros or someone just slipped up putting packages together, peple make mistakes, no biggie, I'll continue to receive the cotm packages while they serve the purpose of allowing me to try out different sticks without the hassle of trying to decide which, or simply going for whatever is a bargain, which can often be a mistake, ending up with a pack or box of gars you don't like.

The first two look good. The third is ok, but the last two...meh. Personally, I'd like an option to pay a diminished price just for the 10% discount, not the surprise cigars (maybe more per month for 15%). That option might bring in a lot of customers that are still sitting on the fence about the cigar of the month (like me). But then again, I'd also like to see two separate DDs. One for 5 packs and samplers and the other for box deals and accessories (lighters, ashtrays, humidifiers, humidors, etc). Not sure if either idea would see the light of day though.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I got a notice that mine shipped, but I have yet to recieve it thanks to my good buddies at the local USPS. They like to try to deliver to the business around 6pm I think.

I will say that I do like the COTM. I am still relatively new, only been smoking a year, but I love the suspense of the unknown delivery and the unique smokes that I never get to see or hear about. I live a non-cigar friendly area, so CCOM is the only place I have that I can talk shop or get unique smokes. Are they always great or always a super bargain.....No. But I feel like someone in the cigar world is looking out for the little guy by being a part of it. Plus, I love 90% of the cigars I smoke anyway so it isnt hard to impress me.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    surfingzeeko:
    It's worth it
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I should be getting mine today. Looks like it just shipped out late. All is well in wheel land.