Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Compressor problems....Maybe a small political rant too...

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
My limit switch locked up on my compressor, causing it to pump up to pressures it was not designed for. I find the problem, order the part overnighted for just less than 200 bones.... It come in the next day, I put it on and it runs fine for a couple days, bit slow to pressure up, but fine. Yesterday the head gaskets blew out and it won't pressure up at all. Called the manufacturer and that part is still under warranty, they'll overnight it here (monday since this happened on friday...) Meanwhile, I have jobs piling up I can't get to because I have no air....

Being self-employed means busting my ass everyday doing everything, from cashing the checks to sweeping the floors to dumping the trash to machine maintenance to plunging a stopped up toilet. Not to mention all the actual paying work I squeeze in between. I work hard everyday to provide a living for myself and my family 5,6 and 7 days a week - my sweat, my blood pours into what I do. Then there's those people sit in congress and the senate and just think up ways to make it impossible for people like me to keep my doors open, they would rather me take a check than make a check, and I'm so **** pissed off about it I can't see straight. I don't make anywhere near 250k a year, but my taxes are about to go up. This repair I just did to my compressor I can no longer claim on my taxes. I have to pay taxes on it like I made the frivolous decision to waste money on that part. I'm sick and tired of a bunch of **** like Rangel getting passes for stepping on the FACES of actual working people for years unchecked. Don't tell me they are just now finding out how corrupt he is.

Damn, I'm all over the place here, better go back to my hot shop and frivolously spend money I'll pay taxes on for maintenance...

Comments

• Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    bummr.....im not to fond of our goverment and the actions they have been doing lately...here is cali sacramento is like 20 million dollars over budget and we have been making cuts left and right, but then all the voters voted on expanding a childrens hospital for 100 million dollars...i feel for the kids, but we need to save money big time...and then the poeple who voted for that expansion get pissed when they have to pay more taxs next year....money has to come from somewhere guys..not just off a tree lol
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    I cant say it any better how f***ed things are these days with everything, it just amazes me how crooked everything is, like in a whole new dimension!I feel your pain!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the most frustrating of ironies, isn't it? Every time they de-regulate something, it'll be the thing that needs regulating, most tax breaks go to those who don't need them, and if they want to stimulate the economy the FIRST thing they should do is look at cutting small business taxes by about 95%! I guess that's why the bumper sticker on my truck says: Enough is enough, Vote Libertarian
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain