Home Non Cigar Related

Cowboy Boots

Boys, I'm in the market for some good ones. Anybody here wear cowboy-style boots? Suggestions? Brands? Stores to shop from online?

Comments

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Rocky makes great work boots not sure about their **** kickers though.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Leebo's if they are that far north has a killer selection and decent prices + warrenty's (spelling?)
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    If you're going for style boots over work/roper/kicker/riding boots, I'd HIGHLY recommend you get yourself a pair of Old Gringos. They're mighty pricey, but fit like slippers, look great, hand made/tooled in Mexico. My girlfriend got me these a while back and I love them (here). If that's out of your price range, my Dan Posts are pretty comfy and were much cheaper. Shop around as you can find the same boots on 5 sites and get 5 prices that may be up to $100 apart.

Also, if this is your first pair, try some on in a local store if you can just to see what size you should be and what fits. Remember, they'll fit tight when you first put them on but will mold to your feet. The better the boots, the quicker they will mold. My Gringos did right away. I just got my girl a pair of Charlie 1 Horse (Here) and she said they fit like slippers right away. This is her 2nd pair of Charlies and she has two pairs of Corrals that she loves. Charlies are made by Lucchese - another expensive boot company but great quality, great customer service.

If you want to go all out fancy schmancy, look into some Liberty Boots, Star boots or Black Jack boots. Some of the hand tooled ones are crazy but crazy expensive too.

For stores, I've had good luck with zappos.com, endless.com (both merged recently - owned by Amazon), boothideout.com, sheplers.com (been to the store in Orlando - huge, really nice), but again, shop around once you think you've found something you like. You may find them much cheaper than the first place - and some places (zappos/endless) offer free shipping and free return shipping incase they don't fit.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I wear them, but haven't bought a new pair in years (the upside to buying really good boots and taking care of them). I'm not sure they're even legal up in Yankeeland. If you were in Texas I'd say go here; http://www.cavenders.com/

Fit can vary widely depending on the brand; a good pair of boots is not something I'd be comfortable buying online.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Thanks for the really good advice boys! I will go around the stores here first and try a few on, but I reallly like some of the brands that were suggested. I didn't however expect the price tags lol! I guess you ought to pay when there's quality...
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I love my Tony Lamas. Fit is highly individual, even more so for cowboy boots. One thing I would suggest when buying non-custom boots is buy them snugger than looser, as they are going to stretch as they break in. If you get boots that are not snug at first, they are going to end up sloppier fitting in the future.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I love my Wolverine Wellingtons. I've had 3 pairs that have lasted me six years, wearing them almost daily. I pounded concrete in a 250,000 sq.ft. warehouse and they kept my feet feeling great. not the fanciest boots though. I like em because they are available in wide sizes and have a more rounded toe so they are more comfortable for me.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't go wrong with some luchesse. I own two pairs one ostrich brown and the other are black european goat leather. They are alittle expensive but worth every penny. They make great boots they have lasted me for years. I recommend you check out cavenders.com and sheplers.com
  • JigsawJigsaw Posts: 37
    hmmmm... I like Dan Post boots... These are mine - http://www.sheplers.com/mens/dan_post/036319.html#
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got wide feet and a narrow wallet, been wearing Durango's for years. Not real pointy toes, takes a couple (to 6) months to break them in, after that it's like wearing house slippers, except you can do anything in them.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you guys make me wanna buy some boots.... damn yous guys!
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    i got some durangos too
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    i wear Ariats for work. got a couple pair of lamas and justins for going out. but the Ariats for work and play
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    you guys make me wanna buy some boots.... damn yous guys!
    ,,, I wanna be a Cowboy baby !
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    To touch on what Sparky said, definitely depends on what you want to wear them for. I would not wear my boots to work in.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    To touch on what Sparky said, definitely depends on what you want to wear them for. I would not wear my boots to work in.
    yeah, the durango's are decidedly for working, Don't look bad polished up, though
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I actually like Jigsaw's boots... What do you guys think?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I worked on a cattle ranch summers during college, so yeah, I wore mine for work. Got work pairs, got "going to town" boots as well.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ariats are good boots too. I own a pair and have been very satisfied with them.
  • Try looking at rodpatrick.com. I have alot of problems with my feet and my local dealer sent me to him. He looked at my feet and put me in a pair of boots that fit like a glove. If I am not mistaken, his boots are handmade in Mexico by old school cobblers on true lasts. I am really pleased with mine and have not looked back.