Home Cigar 101
Options

San Lotano!

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
After reading some of the older CCom newsletters and articles, the San Lotano came to my attention. It's an old line that was started by AJ Fernandez's grandfather, but was discontinued when Castro came to power, and now AJ is resurrecting it soon. My only questions are when will it be out, will it be available through CCom, and is it going to be expensive and hard to get like Tatuaje's La Verite line that just came out?

Alex? Beard? Kelly? Anyone know the answers? I'm a big AJ ho :( I just gots to know.

Comments

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I recall an earlier post where Alex mentioned this. I think he said that it would only be available at B&Ms to start...

FOUND IT
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Aww :( Looks like it'll be expensive, then, if it's B&M only. Hopefully, Alex and the Beard have some in offline that we can get.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    So are these here yet??
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    zeebra:
    So are these here yet??
    Don't think they are out yet. The only reviews I've seen have been of samples from the trade show.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    zeebra:
    So are these here yet??
    Don't think they are out yet. The only reviews I've seen have been of samples from the trade show.
    I had asked a B&M last week of August and they told me 2 weeks. I emailed them today evening, maybe get a response tomorrow. Just want to purchase from ccom...
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    zeebra:
    docbp87:
    zeebra:
    So are these here yet??
    I had asked a B&M last week of August and they told me 2 weeks. I emailed them today evening, maybe get a response tomorrow. Just want to purchase from ccom...
    Pretty sure Alex has said Ccom will have some; I asked Kelly on Saturday, and it seems Ccom is still waiting on the shipments as well
  • Options
    ^agreed. I think Alex said that because it is a B&M only, they will only be able to sell them via phone/email, and not actually list them on the website. Which means more stock for those of us who know to call/email.
  • Options
    my local shop had a rep staying with him, and the rep gave him a handful of the lotano maduro's....and i got one....got to admit...smells amazing!!!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I asked in my B&M today about these and I was told they would call about it tomorrow and have my answer by Wednesday... I'm hoping for some good news! I haven't been more excited about a cigar EVER!
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Just spoke to the distributor. The first shipment from the factory left last week and they are expected in Miami this week. They have a big list of backorders but they are being filled and shipped to wholesale customers who ordered them. Could start to appear out there as late as early this week. I know I will have mine by this Friday I believe.
  • Options
    I got one ...I got one....oh i feel oh so special now! lol
  • Options
    Man I'm waiting for these toooo!! I was going to place an order for this and the Flying Pig, but they pigs are gone, so just means more Lotanos!

Any kind of specials by email....hint hint...
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    man... when it comes to new products, I am not very cutting edge... where do you guys hear about these? I heard about the San Lotano, but what is this noise about pigs... i am in the dark over here... shed some light
  • Options
    robbyras:
    man... when it comes to new products, I am not very cutting edge... where do you guys hear about these? I heard about the San Lotano, but what is this noise about pigs... i am in the dark over here... shed some light
    Those are the Liga Privada No 9, Its called flying pig. Its been out for over a year I believe. Just hard to get a hold of. Ccom had em for like 2 days and then were sold out. I've never had one myself either, so I'm waiting again...
  • Options
    There are T-52 Pigs coming out...
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i like the t52 robustos... i might get a couple of the flying pigs just to have around but overall not a big fan of 60/60+ ring gauge cigars... and if i remember correctly the flying pigs should be in around mid october?
  • Options
    martymcg43:
    i like the t52 robustos... i might get a couple of the flying pigs just to have around but overall not a big fan of 60/60+ ring gauge cigars... and if i remember correctly the flying pigs should be in around mid october?
    They had em here and were sold out already.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    was that the No. 9 flying pigs? i thought the T52 flying pigs weren't available yet?
  • Options
    martymcg43:
    was that the No. 9 flying pigs? i thought the T52 flying pigs weren't available yet?
    Yeah, pretty sure the T-52 Pigs aren't in anywhere yet...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    martymcg43:
    November is what the DE rep told me about the t52 pig, can't recall the exact date, but he said it's really good.
  • Options
    Any updates on this Alex ?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    Any updates on this Alex ?

I just got off the phone with Tim and he said he's being told 5-7 days, maybe.

Please note the maybe.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    just got an email from Tim about a deal for a 10pk of these. 5 maduro and 5 habano.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    just got an email from Tim about a deal for a 10pk of these. 5 maduro and 5 habano.
    Got the same email and ordered a sampler. Can't wait.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I just finished 5+5 San Lotano. I am not very experienced smoker but smoke a lot of cigar from all over the world. I would say- if you have this cigar look nowhere. Exceptional cigar with great value. I like the Habano the best but Maduro one is good too. I have a full box of Padron 1926 40 years anniversary. As long as I have San Lotano Maduro I don't need that so-called special Padron. I am talking about actual value not about overhyped Padron 1926. Life is too short to stick with over hyped cigars like Opus X, Padron family reserve. Don't get me wrong, they are good cigar. If I really want to spend some bucks then it is worth to spend money for Graycliff edicion limitada. I am getting annoyed with cigar aficinado's overhyped rating now a days. Talking about great 25 cigar means more advertisement for the magazine. I would like to thank Tim for educating me how to smoke properly with good value.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    stuff.

Holy necro thread, Batman!

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    actually smoked the Habano last saturday, i liked it...but the maduro is my favorite.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rzaman:
    I just finished 5+5 San Lotano. I am not very experienced smoker but smoke a lot of cigar from all over the world. I would say- if you have this cigar look nowhere. Exceptional cigar with great value. I like the Habano the best but Maduro one is good too. I have a full box of Padron 1926 40 years anniversary. As long as I have San Lotano Maduro I don't need that so-called special Padron. I am talking about actual value not about overhyped Padron 1926. Life is too short to stick with over hyped cigars like Opus X, Padron family reserve. Don't get me wrong, they are good cigar. If I really want to spend some bucks then it is worth to spend money for Graycliff edicion limitada. I am getting annoyed with cigar aficinado's overhyped rating now a days. Talking about great 25 cigar means more advertisement for the magazine. I would like to thank Tim for educating me how to smoke properly with good value.
    I liked the maduro more than the habano - and that's rare for me, as I typically don't like Maduro. However, the Padron 80th Anniversary is by far the best cigar I've ever smoked. It's expensive, but it's one of the few premiums that lives up to the price tag. I haven't yet tried the 40th Anniversary though.
  • Options
    JimmyCJimmyC Posts: 38
    Cant find these anywhere.... where did you buy them?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    JimmyC:
    Cant find these anywhere.... where did you buy them?
    You have to phone C.com and ask for them. That's the only way to get them.