Home General Discussion

Cigars that I love

ok well the name says it all. so just leave a little something about cigars you love and had recently. also leave the money range and stuff so people can try these but before researching them realize what they are getting into. i hope this is beneficial to everyone! enjoy!!!!

Comments

• BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    ok so ill start. wow i always say ok at the beginning of something when im serious haha. well i just had a fonseca serie F this was given to me by a member on this site. i think they go for around 4-5 dollars. it was little and fat probably like 5-50 i think i dont know the exact name of this type of cigar but im working on it :). anyways this is an amazing morning smoke i really really enjoyed it.it lasted about a hour it went great with my coffee although i made some pretty **** coffee this morning but ooh well. it didnt have too many flavors to it and i didnt notice any drastice flavor changes. it seemed mild but this is a medium bodied cigar. the smoke was very creamy very aromatic. it burned perfectly i didnt need to correct it or re-light it. it was such a pleasure. although about 2/3 of the way through it i dropped it and got super pissed. the finish was sweet and i didnt want it to end. im planning on getting a bunch more of these very very soon maybe even a box when i get my larger humidor and such.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Going back in time through my ratings, these are the most recent sticks to receive the highest possible rating:

Outland Gift & Cigar House Blend Dominican (Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper). Costs $8 - $12, depending on the vitola. If people want these, they've got to request them from me :)

5 Vegas Gold. Costs $3 - $4.. the only Connecticut-wrapped cigar to receive my highest rating.

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992. Costs $7 - $9.. Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper.

Playboy by Altadis. Costs $8 - $10, but they're still really hard to find. I have a shop locally that sells them. Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper -- notice a theme here? :)
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    BigDan.:
    it was little and fat probably like 5-50 i think i dont know the exact name of this type of cigar but im working on it :)

This size is generally termed a "Robusto".
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Like duty, I've got a favorite that is only available locally, a Rodriguez cognac cigar (misted in cognac at purchase). I love these cigars, depending on the vitola they can be mild or medium and the price is beyond reasonable, with a corona going for $2 and a churchill going for $3.75.

A couple of others that I really like and keep coming back to are the Punch punch both the natural and oscuro wrapped varieties, La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, and the 5 Vegas lines from the Gold to the Limitada '08, I like them all. Those cigars all rest in the $4-$6 range.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Like duty, I've got a favorite that is only available locally, a Rodriguez cognac cigar (misted in cognac at purchase). I love these cigars, depending on the vitola they can be mild or medium and the price is beyond reasonable, with a corona going for $2 and a churchill going for $3.75.

A couple of others that I really like and keep coming back to are the Punch punch both the natural and oscuro wrapped varieties, La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, and the 5 Vegas lines from the Gold to the Limitada '08, I like them all. Those cigars all rest in the $4-$6 range.
    And the sad part is, that available locally only cigar is also one of my favorites! 'Cept it ain't available locally for me!!! One of these days I'm just gonna have Joe buy me a couple hundred of these puppies just in case there's an apocalypse or something... Stick out tongue [:P] mmmmm TASTY....
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I'm actually quite surprised that the house blend from my closest shop is so expensive. I don't believe they move them in super-high volumes (although I've bought quite a few by now). The blends are absolutely magnificent, although all pretty mild. They've got the "Ecuadorian" which is a Connecticut-wrapped (and excellent), a "Dominican" which wrapped in an Ecuadorian Sumatra leaf (amazing, especially for a mild cigar), and a "Criollo" on which the wrapper is pretty self-explanatory. I haven't had the Criollo yet. They make all of these in a robusto ($8), toro ($10), torpedo ($12), and churchill ($12).

The shop is the only establishment of the owner (it isn't a chain... they don't even have 2 shops). It is located in a very snooty upscale part of town where a lot of the football players live. Of course, when I lived a couple hundred yards away, we were the slummers of the entire area, with a home worth 1/10th of those nearby. I guess that's why they get away with such a premium price on a house blend. Interestingly, their prices are usually right on par with ccom. Sometimes slightly higher, but usually exactly the same.
    ya im actually really suprised that its that much for a local brand but if its that good than they must be doing something right.

there is a local brand in the upscale area where i live that has its cigars starting at 7 dollar supposedly it got a 92 somewhere

i havnt tried this cigar yet but i have 2 in my humidor one is a maduro and one is a conneticut leaf both are churchills.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    BigDan.:
    ya im actually really suprised that its that much for a local brand but if its that good than they must be doing something right.

there is a local brand in the upscale area where i live that has its cigars starting at 7 dollar supposedly it got a 92 somewhere

i havnt tried this cigar yet but i have 2 in my humidor one is a maduro and one is a conneticut leaf both are churchills.
    You must be talking about the Adwani cigars? Cigars like those would make really good gifts back to those who helped you by sending cigars to get you started... Since those would be difficult or nearly impossible for them to get on their own...
  • rusirius:
    BigDan.:

You must be talking about the Adwani cigars? Cigars like those would make really good gifts back to those who helped you by sending cigars to get you started... Since those would be difficult or nearly impossible for them to get on their own...
    Hint Hint? lol

Unfortunately I have still only had the one cigar... I might go out with a Cusano 18 Paired Maduro tonight tho... we'll see how that goes
    god damn only one seriously get smoking youve been on this forum for like 2 weeks ive had like 15 cigars since youve joined. the only cusano i have right now is the M1 but im letting it sit for a little while it seems like a great smoke though. so why do you smoke in such like extended break periods?

and rusirius... ya it sounds like a great idea actually and im down to do it. however like i posted in that stand up member threads i lost the box to who sent me my second package and i dont know who it was from because i had a few confirmations from people from this site. but i would really appreciate sending a thanks to both joe and this mystery member. so somebody please claim this good deed so they can be properly rewarded soon :)