Home Cigar 101
Options

BEST/MOST POPULAR DIGITAL HYGROMETERS ???

kos22uskos22us Posts: 47
i did the salt test on my little havana digi hyrgrometer and was 7 degrees off, a little bummed i paid 20- bucks for it and its not a little more accurate,

so what is the most popular digi hygrometer ? popular for its accuracy more so than its price ? thanks ... Jack in PA

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    The humi-care ones here in CCom should be good enough, man. They're usually really close, but they're adjustable and digital. As long as they're adjustable, everything is good.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really like the Xikar digital I have. The cool thing about it is when you calibrate it all you do is hit it with a salt test or Boveda pack and push the button, it auto sets to 75%. I also have several hydrostat adjustables and they work great as well.
  • Options
    kos22uskos22us Posts: 47
    ok thanks for the info. is there a specific xikar model that you recommend ?
  • Options
    This one: image
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    big fan of the Caliber III here
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    +1 for the Xikar; pick it up for $15-$20 on Amazon
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    The hygroset's work for me and they can be calibrated / adjusted. If I'm not mistaken, the Humi-Care offered on ccom is a rebranded Hygroset.

I did have one where the adjuster dial was a little 'touchy', it read 73% I took it up one click and it read 77%, down again 74%, etc etc, but I eventually got it reading 75% in a Boveda bag so I am happy with it.

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    image Not sure what kind it is (maybe someone on here knows). It came with my Humi but its been Rock Steady for years.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    KCW:
    image Not sure what kind it is (maybe someone on here knows). It came with my Humi but its been Rock Steady for years.

But the question is has it been rock steady accurate or rock steady wrong! lol, have you calibrated it?

I have three of those and they are all off by 2 - 8 %

• Options
    MrMoke:
    KCW:

But the question is has it been rock steady accurate or rock steady wrong! lol, have you calibrated it?

Yes. Every year w/ the Boveda System.
  • Options
    MrMoke:
    KCW:

Who makes them?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am using a Xikar, I salt tested and calibrated and have been happy with it.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I've used one of the Wally World digital hygros in my humi since I got it, with absolutely no problems whatsoever.