Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Fish Tanks

Fish tank owners roll out,I am gettin interested in the hobby, and would love to see what BOTL have. Salt water, fresh water, lets see them.I hope there isnt a thread like that already.Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a 55 gallon tank that i have some young koi in. ill get pics up soon (if i remember to take them)
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I don't have anything too interesting going at the moment. Had a 40 gal (corner tank) African Cichlid tank but there's just a couple mollys to keep it cycled at the moment. Have a 30 gal tall with a pirhana and a raphael catfish in work and a 14 gal zebrafish tank (empty at the moment) that is for work purposes.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    I don't have anything too interesting going at the moment. Had a 40 gal (corner tank) African Cichlid tank but there's just a couple mollys to keep it cycled at the moment. Have a 30 gal tall with a pirhana and a raphael catfish in work and a 14 gal zebrafish tank (empty at the moment) that is for work purposes.
    I love pirhanas. I used to have a 55gal with two in it, then one ate the other, then about a year later he committed suicide (yes I'm serious). Now I have a 55gal with a Jack Dempsey, that freakin fish eats everything, including an Oscar.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    40 gallon display tank, 40 gallon sump, salt water reef system. :)

ill toss up some pics later on when im not pulling my hair out busy at work. Would love to help out!
  • Options
    mavmech13:
    I love pirhanas. I used to have a 55gal with two in it, then one ate the other, then about a year later he committed suicide (yes I'm serious). Now I have a 55gal with a Jack Dempsey, that freakin fish eats everything, including an Oscar.
    I had a jack a while ago. Great fish with great personalities. I've been thinking about getting another one at some point. Problem with pirhanas is they don't really play well with others, though mine has taken to pellet food very easily and generally leaves the catfish alone. They each have their own hiding spot.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    mavmech13:
    I had a jack a while ago. Great fish with great personalities. I've been thinking about getting another one at some point. Problem with pirhanas is they don't really play well with others, though mine has taken to pellet food very easily and generally leaves the catfish alone. They each have their own hiding spot.
    Oh yeah my Dempsey is a great fish just can't put anything else in with him otherwise he will eat them. I'll see if I can get a pic of him. My pirhana that committed suicide actually used to turn his heater on and off. He figured out that if he rams it, it would go off and on. He hit it too many times, cracked it and subsequently electrocuted himself
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Cant wait to see some tanks, i am still in planing stages and have been doing some research!
  • Options
    mavmech13:
    Oh yeah my Dempsey is a great fish just can't put anything else in with him otherwise he will eat them. I'll see if I can get a pic of him. My pirhana that committed suicide actually used to turn his heater on and off. He figured out that if he rams it, it would go off and on. He hit it too many times, cracked it and subsequently electrocuted himself
    My cousin's pirhana did the same thing...only never electrocuted itself. Just turned the heater on and off by ramming into it. My jack would only bother other midwater fish that looked like cichlids. I successfully kept him with a freshwater morray, polypterus (bichir) and even a freshwater perch for a short time. It was a brackish tank and all got along well. The other option is to put them in with multiple fish of the same size and they generally get overwhelmed and leave each other alone, so there's less bullying.