Home Cigar 101

Gurkha Grand Reserve Storage

Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
Do any of you keep cigars such as the Grand Reserve seperated from your other cigars?  I wanted to put it in my humi with the other cigars but noticed it has a strong cognac smell to it...was wondering if all of you sperate cigars like this from the rest?

Comments

• Nick2021:
    Do any of you keep cigars such as the Grand Reserve seperated from your other cigars?  I wanted to put it in my humi with the other cigars but noticed it has a strong cognac smell to it...was wondering if all of you sperate cigars like this from the rest?
    Absolutely. I had a Royal Reserve and just left it in a cigar bag from the shop with a pillow in it when I was ready to smoke it, unless you plan on aging it that should keep it fine until you're ready to smoke it.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Something with a wax seal shouldn't need to be kept in a humi and I just keep mine in a bag. However, I have noticed a sweet smell when opening the bag, so there may be a leak in some of the seals. In any case, a tuperware container or bag with a water pillow is your safest bet either way.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Posts: 75
    I have several in my collection and I leave them in the tube and in with the rest of my cigars. It is a very good, smooth smoke.