Home Cigar 101
Options

Humi seasoned wrong?

So I got my humi here in Iraq. I wiped down the inside lightly and place the water in a cut out water bottle. I let sit for 72 hours. Opened it up and temp was 72 but rh was 58. So I wiped it down again, put water in the bowl and shut the lid. Can it take more than once or several times before it is properly seasoned? In the meantime, I have all my cigars in a Rubbermaid and its 70 degrees and 68rh so I guess their happy in there for the time being.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Sarg.....yea...normally you repeat the process twice and keep monitering your RH....double check your seal on your humidor as well....place a dollar on your lid and shut it....try to slide the dollar out..if you feel resistance than your seal is good....if the dollar pulls out rather easily with no resistance, then your seal if poor and thus allowing humidity to escape.
  • Options
    SgtRickSgtRick Posts: 75
    Had some resistance except on the left side where it didnt seem to have much as other places.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Did you use distilled water ? Also it takes about 4 days or so for the wood to absorb enough moisture. Give it a few days. It will pan out
  • Options
    SgtRickSgtRick Posts: 75
    The Cank:
    Did you use distilled water ? Also it takes about 4 days or so for the wood to absorb enough moisture. Give it a few days. It will pan out
    Yes I used distilled water. I am leaving it another couple days and see what happens. Im in no hurry. Rubbermaid humi is working just fine for the moment.