Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Locked in my room

So I get back to my "hotel" room from swimming laps at the pool on base to find out that my card key no longer works. Ok no biggie, I'll just go to my buddy's room and call the front desk from there to get someone to bring me a new card key. Easy-peasy, right? Wrong. They tell me "OK we'll send someone over. It'll be about five minutes". Thirty minutes later someone shows up to my room with the key which doesn't work, so the guy who brought the key tries to use his master key which doesn't work either, so he uses his metallic "turn-key" to open the door, and tells me that he'll get maintenance to come and fix the card-reader on the door, but that I should call it in as well. Well I call it in and the lady at the front desk says that she'll call maintenance. 20 minutes later she calls me and tells me that she can't get ahold of any maintenance personnel but that she will keep trying. 45 minutes later no one has shown up yet. So I've been trying to get the front desk for the past 45 minutes but no one will pick up. So basically I can't leave my room untill I can get someone from the front desk to answer the phone so I can remind them that I'm stuck in my room so they can call someone to fix my door. *gasping for breath*

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Ask to be put in a new room and for compensation for what you have dealt with so far. You'd be surprised, my parents have gotten suites comped for less problems.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I just got off the phone with the front desk they wanna move me to another room tomorrow, but the problem with that is I've been here for 4 months and I really don't wanna havta move all of my stuff. Oh and I forgot to mention that it isn't really a hotel room. It's Ramstein Inns on Ramstein AB, Germany. So as far as suites go I don't think that they have too much to offer.