Home Cigar 101
Options

Dry out beads

Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
I just took a look into my fridgidor and saw my humidity was high like 74 and my beads are mostly clear. I have 2 1/2 lb mesh bags in there and I want to de-humidify 1 of them to bring it down. What is the best and fastest way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Dustin1981:
    I just took a look into my fridgidor and saw my humidity was high like 74 and my beads are mostly clear. I have 2 1/2 lb mesh bags in there and I want to de-humidify 1 of them to bring it down. What is the best and fastest way to do this?
    Blow dryer on low, or place them on a cookie sheet and place them into an oven heated to 200 degrees then shut the oven off and let the beads sit in there until the oven cools.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    or if ur humidity is high just take out sum of ur beads bro
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    or if ur humidity is high just take out sum of ur beads bro
    He mentioned his beads were almost all clear. This shows his beads are all fully charged already and yes taking them out for a while will drop his RH... BUT. After the RH goes down to the target range he is looking for then he would have to add his beads again and this would cause his RH to shoot up again. Assuming he chooses this method his RH will be spiking and dropping constanly until his beads dry out some and can actually absorb excess moisture. Drying the beads out will get them functioning properly now, and then he can allow them to do the job they were intended for, and save the RH peaks and valleys which may cause some havoc with his sticks. That was what I was considering when I suggested this. He seemed to recognize the beads were overcharged judging by the title of his post. That was my thinking anyway.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    true that
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    The hairdryer worked. I put them back in but I took them out of the mesh bag and just put them into an empty cigar box on the bottom of the fridge and my humidity went down. I just have to wait for it to equalize now, it went down to 61 and they are 65 beads.
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    The hairdryer worked. I put them back in but I took them out of the mesh bag and just put them into an empty cigar box on the bottom of the fridge and my humidity went down. I just have to wait for it to equalize now, it went down to 61 and they are 65 beads.
    If the RH doesn't come back up and stabilize, then take out about ten percent of your beads at a time and very lightly mist them. Then add them back into the mix and watch for your RH to slowly come up under control to where you want it. After a while you will learn just what your particular setup needs to maintain everything right where you want it. Good luck bro'.