Home Cigar 101

Beads work as advertised

To all the newbs around, yes i'm addressing myself as well, couple weeks ago i bought a 20ct humi from ccom and of course comes shipped with the green foam puck as a humidifier. I had read plenty that the green foam was no good, but i wanted to give it a shot, to see what the deal was. I seasoned my humi and proceeded to put my sticks in after a couple days. My RH levels were fluctuating a lot from 66-78. It was then I decided it was time to get the beads. Quick spraying of water on the beads, reused the puck to put the beads in it thx to vegassparky, and haven't looked back since. My levels are at a more stable 69-72 RH. I got the 70% conservagel beads, and their levels are said to hold at 68-72, which i haven't been proved otherwise. So in short, quit messing around and get some beads, you won't regret it.

Comments

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Yep
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    They have different RH level beads I prefer the 65% but each too his own. These things are for sure the way to go.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I have made the switch to beads. Way easier...a lot less worry. I use the 70% in my coolidor which is mostly for aging, the 65% are in my ready to smoke humi. Really can't say enough good things. Just a really reliable product.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Oh yeah,
    Ive made the switch and havent looked back since!