Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gurkha Centurian Perfecto

2»

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I just had each within the last week. The legend was a churchill and the centurian was a perfecto. Both were excellent, but I think I prefered the legend. I'm stilling figuring out what I like and how to describe what I like, but I'd say the legend was more complex. And it lit and burned perfectly, draw was perfect, etc.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think you are the first person i know to say that the legend is more complex than the centurian. Ive heard people say that they liked the legend better, but not that its more complex.

this goes to show that everyone tastes things differently.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm second-guessing my use of the word complex now. I would definitely say I liked the legend better, but both were great. I just felt like I was getting more varied tastes out of the legend.
  • Options
    dont doubt yourself. i find gurkhas more complex in nature than rocky patels line but there are plenty of people out there that disagree with me on that. it really may be what you taste. only you know what you like. stick with it.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    i agree with this statement. if you want a more complex perfecto from gurkha then i would go with the centurian.

Thanks Kuz. I just got a royal brigade perfecto that I'll be trying soon enough, and I'll be sure to put the centurian next on my list for cbid.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    dont doubt yourself. i find gurkhas more complex in nature than rocky patels line but there are plenty of people out there that disagree with me on that. it really may be what you taste. only you know what you like. stick with it.
    Thanks, I've had numerous gurkhas and liked them all, the legend being the best in my opinion. Where I have a tough time is in explaining the tastes, which is why reading on here helps. I've only had on RP and I think it was a sungrown, but it was given to me and I had had about seven beers too many to make a fair assessment.
  • Options
    Luko:
    kuzi16:
    Thanks, I've had numerous gurkhas and liked them all, the legend being the best in my opinion. Where I have a tough time is in explaining the tastes, which is why reading on here helps. I've only had on RP and I think it was a sungrown, but it was given to me and I had had about seven beers too many to make a fair assessment.
    so a while a go i wrote an article about developing your palate. i thought it was on this board but when i went to look for it i couldnt find it. I posted it in the 101 section

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/10439/ShowThread.aspx#10439

i hope it helps
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Kuz. I enjoyed the article and was actually telling my girlfriend and her sister and husband the other day about the whole wine tasting. I found it an interesting approach to developing the senses and pallet.
  • Options
    I had a Centurian last night and I'm not impressed. The draw was hard throughout the entire smoke and started off harsh. It did start to smooth out with good taste near the middle and finished nicely. I will not go out of my way to have one of these again, but I wouldn't turn it down either. The smoke had been resting for about 8 months.
  • Options
    Cole54Cole54 Posts: 18

I ordered a couple 5 packs of the Centurian when ccom had them up a little while ago. So far I have smoked 2 and gave my buddy 1... the 2 I smoked were excellent and I really enjoyed them and had no burn issues... the one my buddy smoked imploded right off the bat and basically just fell apart and never had any flavor....

I would buy more so far though, I really have enjoyed them.

And that concludes my 1st post. Hello everyone.

• Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    this isnt making me very confident in the 15 ive got comming in the post atm.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Hey sol1821 I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have thirty on their way lol I am not nervous at all! Just looking forward to a camping trip this next weekend and I was gonna indugle in a Canturian at one point!
    Rob1110:
    (I think of the old Warner Bros cartoons, whenever someone had a cigar, it was tapered at both ends)
    I do too! When I pulled the trigger on that 5 pk Centurian deal c.com had a few weeks back, I let one rest for 4 days then tried it. I was wowed to say the least. At first I didn't get a great draw, but opened it up a bit further down and enjoyed a great draw. I too am still new at describing what I taste but as I say about these: If their good enough for the Sultan of Brunei, they're good enough for me.

Ghurka Centurian Perfecto

Meet the Sultan of Brunei: Hassanal Bolkiah

• Options
    The centurian is one of my favorite Gurkhas by far. I wish I had ordered the fiver...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had my first one today... and i loved it. You have to clip more off the end than normal (about a half inch or so for me) to get a good draw but the taste is phenomenal! I want some more sticks like these!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if them medals or really earned, seems every dictator has massive amounts of medals!!!! I call BS! Anyhoo, yeah the centurians are good cigars. I've had 4 and 3 were damn good, the other was a little off. I think I have like 14 or so, wish I saw that deal. 30 is a crap load. I have 42 beasts that I got off a deal and though I spent butt loads less than buying the box, I wish I had as I have no where to put them really and my beauty's are lonely..... MUST FIND one.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    I wonder if them medals or really earned, seems every dictator has massive amounts of medals!!!! I call BS! Anyhoo, yeah the centurians are good cigars. I've had 4 and 3 were damn good, the other was a little off. I think I have like 14 or so, wish I saw that deal. 30 is a crap load. I have 42 beasts that I got off a deal and though I spent butt loads less than buying the box, I wish I had as I have no where to put them really and my beauty's are lonely..... MUST FIND one.
    YOu can send me those Beauty's. I' smoke them uhh I mean hold on to them for you.
  • Options
    sol1821:
    this isnt making me very confident in the 15 ive got comming in the post atm.
    lol still got 12
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Necrothread!!!!

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Necrothread!!!!

well aged thread ;)