Home Cigar 101

Lighter Question

jship079jship079 Posts: 621
I have a torch that will not fill I have blead it and tried to stick a pin in the filling nozzle to see if something was in there whats next.

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Send it back to the mfr. if they have a warranty
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jship079:
    I have a torch that will not fill I have blead it and tried to stick a pin in the filling nozzle to see if something was in there whats next.
    It may be that the Butane you are using is no good. Thoses torch lighters like a good grade fule. Extra filtering or something i don't know. But I do know my lighters burn better using some fuel then others. Try a different butane before you return it.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    laker1963:
    jship079:
    It may be that the Butane you are using is no good. Thoses torch lighters like a good grade fule. Extra filtering or something i don't know. But I do know my lighters burn better using some fuel then others. Try a different butane before you return it.
    I agree that inferior butane can cause issues. However, it has been my experience that if impurities in the butane are the culprit, switching to good stuff will not fix an existing problem, only help prevent future or worsening problems. If it is clogged it needs to go to the repair facility.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Yeah I always use triple refined so thats not it unless butain has a shelf life of less than a year or two.