Home Non Cigar Related
Options

It's official! I'm getting kicked out.

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
So some of you guys might have seen my post earlier in the Things I Hate thread. Well, it's official. My family's lost their minds and they're tossing me out at the end of the month. *** this ***. Hopefully, I'll be able to move and not be broke for the next few years. Probably won't even be able to progress in any job offers until this is all sorted out. Sorry, ENFIDL. I know you've done a lot for me, bro, and I appreciate it. But no shelter means I'm out of options.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get things done and get stuff paid off before I take this expensive-a$$ move just to make sure that I don't end up on the streets like some bum.

Comments

• Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Sucks dude. Didn't you just get back? Were you able to save any money while you were deployed? If you were and the chances of landing a job are decent, I'd dip into it. If things are better where your fiance is, maybe put everything into a move out that way and look for work there. Best of luck.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    Sucks dude. Didn't you just get back? Were you able to save any money while you were deployed? If you were and the chances of landing a job are decent, I'd dip into it. If things are better where your fiance is, maybe put everything into a move out that way and look for work there. Best of luck.
    Yeah, I just got out of the Army about a month and a half ago. Couldn't deploy. In fact, got kicked out for injuries (like a few of my friends) and the Army never bothered giving us a med board (at least we got honorable discharges). Unfortunately, I couldn't save much. My fiancee's moved into an apartment in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada because she studies there. Guess I'm going to be living in The United States of Canadia soon. And I did get a few good job offers. ENFIDL's hooking me up with one, but I can't do anything if I'm homeless.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    That sucks, I hope everything works out for you, i am pretty sure it will!GL!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Wayne. More the reason to succeed and then rub it in their face.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I second that sentiment... Make it your job to be successful just so in the end you can say "F**K OFF" like a champ.

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I agree. We used to live in one of my aunts trailors and everything was fine untill we told her that we were moving in 2 months, then she decided that we were from hell and shut off our air conditioning in the middle of the night in the month of june and I had to go buy a window unit and install it myself which took almost all night, and still go to work the next day. then she dicided to write a hand written letter and copy it 3 or 4 times and give it to my parents, brother and sister describing what a trashy girl my wife was. needless to say i still hate her. Im glad we moved when we did. hope your situation gets better man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm sorry to hear this brother! I emailed you back this morning when I got your email. Let me know what she says....
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I hope all of this works out in the end for you.

I know nothing about your current situation, but... from my own personal experience with my parents long ago when I was young and stupid - sometimes I felt my parents were being far too hard on me, looking back on it now they were right. Your situation is probably completely different, I'm just saying I would have posted the same post you did ten years ago. Like I said, I know nothing of your situation and maybe your family is crazy, lol. I hope not.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    TatuajeVI:

I know nothing about your current situation, but... from my own personal experience with my parents long ago when I was young and stupid - sometimes I felt my parents were being far too hard on me, looking back on it now they were right. Your situation is probably completely different, I'm just saying I would have posted the same post you did ten years ago. Like I said, I know nothing of your situation and maybe your family is crazy, lol. I hope not.
    My mom gave me some advice as a kid that really stuck with me through bad times:

"This too shall pass"

Also, remember that everything works out in the end. If if hasn't worked out, it's not the end. Keep fighting and pushing and never give up on going after what you want.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    doromath:
    TatuajeVI:

My mom gave me some advice as a kid that really stuck with me through bad times:

"This too shall pass"

Also, remember that everything works out in the end. If if hasn't worked out, it's not the end. Keep fighting and pushing and never give up on going after what you want.
    Hard to see when you're in it but very true....good luck! Canada ain't so bad bro...
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That sounds like a tough spot bro, I trust it all works out for you. Do stay in touch with the BOTL on here and best wishes to you.