Home General Discussion

IPCPR With Pictures!!

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here in NOLA for IPCPR. Ate on Bourbon Street last night and met up with some BOTL for a cigar. Registered and attended seminars, ate alligator, and had a IPCPR dinner today. Got a sneak peak at the convention floor and it is so amazing! You guys have no idea how awesome this is. Really busy so I will post pics when I get home.

Comments

• Awesome! say hi to clint, and keep us posted! wish I could be there.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the guy who runs my B&M is down there. maybe youll run into him.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Cool,
    Take lots and lots of pictures to post here.

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sounds awesome...

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Sweet!!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I HATE you... but have fun eh? :)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    you lucky ***! make sure you take lots of pics, I've always wanted to go to this convention.

"Long ashes my friends."

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Very jealous of the guys who get to be at the IPCPR, especially those who are just there as media figures, like StogieReview, etc.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So today I met Don Pepin, Guillermo Leon, Rocky Patel, Kaizad Hansotia, Eddie Ortega, Alan Rubin, Ernesto Padilla, Kurt Van Keppel (Xikar), Jose Blanco, Nestor Miranda, Tim Ozenger, Litto Gomez, and many more. Got pictures with them all. Will post when I get home.

I got around 60 various cigars, 2 Gurkha coins, 2 Gurkha Pins, 4 cutters including 2 Colibri, and a t-shirt. Was invited to a private dinner by Guillermo Leon which was amazing. Also attending a General Cigar dinner and hung with some awesome guys off of Twitter.

For you Gurkha guys I got the new Gurkha Ninja and some others I can't remember because today was like Christmas on crack.

Words can't describe how amazing this is. The cigar industry people are amazing. Will post pics by Friday. Sorry but I am wasted tired and have another big day tomorrow and another evening event to go to.
  • jsnake:
    So today I met Don Pepin, Guillermo Leon, Rocky Patel, Kaizad Hansotia, Eddie Ortega, Alan Rubin, Ernesto Padilla, Kurt Van Keppel (Xikar), Jose Blanco, Nestor Miranda, Tim Ozenger, Litto Gomez, and many more. Got pictures with them all. Will post when I get home.

I got around 60 various cigars, 2 Gurkha coins, 2 Gurkha Pins, 4 cutters including 2 Colibri, and a t-shirt. Was invited to a private dinner by Guillermo Leon which was amazing. Also attending a General Cigar dinner and hung with some awesome guys off of Twitter.

For you Gurkha guys I got the new Gurkha Ninja and some others I can't remember because today was like Christmas on crack.

Words can't describe how amazing this is. The cigar industry people are amazing. Will post pics by Friday. Sorry but I am wasted tired and have another big day tomorrow and another evening event to go to.
    ...Drool....That sounds so amazing! have fun!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:

Lucky, man :( Wish I were there. I would've loved to have met them all. Not to mention one of three new blends of Gurkha?!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    That is soooo very cool Jake!!!! How is 262 doing down there? Any big and exciting news for us? I can't wait to hear all the stories and see the pics man. I just wish I had the new stuff in stock not to mention I'm sick that you got to meet all those guys and get some awesome sticks. Have fun for all of us.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Pics or didnt happen!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    jsnake:

I think I hate you....Yep, I'm sure of it, I hate you. Have fun, though ;)
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    omfg...im so jealous of you my friend........!!! Hey when u going to be home...? (curiousity)
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    kuzi16:
    I'm ready for the Airbender Maduro and Airbender Chisel.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I hate you.......

Glad you are having a good time brother!
    On my way home now fellas. Oh I have pics to show it did happen and will post tomorrow. Got to sit in Guillermo Leon's private room where he gave me some great insight and advice. Also invited me to visit the DR. Spent last night hanging with Ernesto Padilla, Charlie Torano, Steve Saka, Dion (illusione), E.P. Carillo (who also bought drinks for us at lunch on Monday), and a few others at TBOTLCH. Seriously it was like a dream come true. Pica tomorrow for the non-believing and to brag!
    P.S. Did I forget to mention I met and hung out with A.J, Fernandez? Got a pic of that tooo!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Jake you are officially the most hated man on the forums right now. Glad you had a great time, man. Looking forward to the pics.
  • Damn man, that's sounds like a freakin' incredible trip. Can't wait to see the pics.
    Ok dudes made it home safe. Pics tomorrow.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. Glad you made it home safely. Congrats on the fantastic trip !

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Awesome pics. The one where Alan Rubin is pinching your cheek is priceless.
    Just some highlights. I got to attend several private dinner parties including a media party Twitter Brothers of The Leaf Cocktail Hour. I am overwhelmed by everyone I got to meet and all the new stuff. I got to mix work with pleasure so it was awesome. I have tons of new stuff to try and write reviews on. Got some great insight and advice from Guillermo Leon. Best thing was I got to spend some time with all these guys and talk to them and learn. I can't wait until next year. VEGAS!!!! It felt like a family reunion and I am counting down the days to IPCPR 2011!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I am uber jealous of you right now.. once in a lifetime experience I'm sure, can't wait til I go sometime in the future! PS did you find out when those new releases will be available?