Home Cigar 101
Options

How far down do you gentleman smoke?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    I try to nub but usually it'll start to burn my fingers or lips and that's when i call it quits.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Just depends on the mood and the cigar. Slow and smooth but if its one that I'm enjoying, down to the nub. If not...just let her burn out.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I am currently stuck in Cleveland, Ohio which is way outside my comfort zone but when I get back I have a couple of pics to illustrate the gypsy method
    Here is one. If it is good, nothing goes to waste.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    fla-gypsy:
    fla-gypsy:
    I am currently stuck in Cleveland, Ohio which is way outside my comfort zone but when I get back I have a couple of pics to illustrate the gypsy method
    Here is one. If it is good, nothing goes to waste.
    Those needle nose look well used! Tetanus shot currant?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Gypsy, enough is enough already... What was that tasty stick you couldn't put down.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Gypsy, enough is enough already... What was that tasty stick you couldn't put down.
    From the color of the wrapper I would say that was a MOW that was kicking it for me to go for the needlenose!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    fla-gypsy:
    kaspera79:
    From the color of the wrapper I would say that was a MOW that was kicking it for me to go for the needlenose!
    Was that cut with a plug cutter... or did you chew the end off that thing?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    kaspera79:
    That was a V cut, they tend to fan out over the life of a smoke
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    kaspera79:
    C'mon fess up... you chew the ends don't you? LOL

I have actually seen a few guys who do that. I would be turning green LOL.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    kaspera79:
    C'mon fess up... you chew the ends don't you? LOL

I have actually seen a few guys who do that. I would be turning green LOL.
    I asure you if I have a good stick and a match with no means of cutting available I would get innovative!
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Its funny, but as a rather restless person, I can't smoke a cigar for much longer than 75 mins or so without getting twitchy. I prefer to smoke quite slow, so I try to buy cigars that are coronas, robustos, or nub sizes, but thats pretty much impossible for all of my cigars. So depending on the stick most of my cigars are smoked down to the point whereever 75 mins is. So coronas are down to the tips of my fingers, and if I have a churchill, right around the 1/4 of a stick mark.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    depends on the stick for me. the last stick I smoked was a GoF Carlos and it was awesome until the final third. then it got skanky. I ended it early. I usually tend to nub a Diesel or Nub because they tend to stay the same all the way thru. I use a metal poker thru the nub of the cigar to keep smoking to the very end. basically, when I'm done, I'm done.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree with everyone's "when I'm done with it I'm done" I've had some that I've used my fingernails (when I forget to clip em) as roach clips to smoke that puppy as far possible then I've had some I've put down mid-way cause the flavors changed too much or I was just done with it like my JDN Antano Dark Corojo I smoke as far possible as I could without giving myself burns I didn't have needlenose on hand but will start taking a pair out with me when I go to enjoy a stick... sadly sometimes weather is a factor in how far I smoke as well, since down here in the south it can get stupidly hot (and sometimes I'll bear it) but I'm not gonna get soaked in a rainstorm to enjoy a cigar. If only I could smoke inside I would never have a problem
  • Options
    When I enjoy a cigar I smoke it to the band (if its a good cigar I take off the band and save it) and will keep going until its gone! I love sitting down to a good cigar with a good glass of bourbon or whiskey! I will let the cigar decide how long it takes to smoke...I love the idea of sitting back with a good stogie and a good drink and smoking away the days problems!

-Dan