Home General Discussion

Forum Blend

About around the time that I took my sabbatical from the forums there was talk of expanding the Forum Blend into a regular product and also making new blends yearly. What ever happened to this?

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I think the maduros got the ax immediately and then after a little while the sumatras died too. Bummer, I really like these and the experience was a blast! I've only got a couple left.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I still have two of each left. Will have one of each by the end of summer and will save the last two until next summer.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    the technology for doing this on a regular basis is happening. Work in progress.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Alex Svenson:
    the technology for doing this on a regular basis is happening. Work in progress.

Good to know. I think that I only have one or two of each left, and it was a really fun process.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive got two of each left also.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    kuzi16:
    Two FBs is about 18 too few.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Waa-hoooo!!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    That's what i like to hear !
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Just recently burned my last AAA Maduro...good to hear that's not a permanent situation.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Is this a computer technology or a manufacturer-end technology? Because if it's a computer-based issue, me and renny could probably help.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    kuzi16:

Ive got acouple of these also that were gifted to me I have yet tosmoke one now Im curious///looks like ill be smoking one this week.
  • I'm confused....
    surfingzeeko:
    I'm confused....
    The forum blend were some sticks which were in part put together by way of vote by members of this forum. There was a Maduro Blend and a Sumatra Blend. They were actually INCREDIBLE.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    laker1963:
    surfingzeeko:
    I'm confused....
    The forum blend were some sticks which were in part put together by way of vote by members of this forum. There was a Maduro Blend and a Sumatra Blend. They were actually INCREDIBLE.
    They sure were incredible. I liked the sumatra better.
    Redtailhawkoz:
    kuzi16:

Ive got acouple of these also that were gifted to me I have yet tosmoke one now Im curious///looks like ill be smoking one this week.
    You really should try one of them. The sumatra was great.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Really hoping it comes back. I took part in the poll, but than went on hiatus and missed out on the actual product, so never got to try either one. Good news from Alex than is his post!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'd love to try these! I wasn't on here when this happened :(
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Jdorais:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    kuzi16:

You really should try one of them. The sumatra was great.
    I go back and forth. I usually smoke one back to back. SOmetimes I like the sumatra better and others I like the Maduro better.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I thought that the maduro was a decent cigar, but I agree with the other people in this thread, the sumatra ROCKED!!

I'd love to get my hands on some more, I hope that Alex doesn't change the blend. I've only got one sumatra and two maduros left from a trade a while back. I never got to buy any of the actual product either, but you can bet your buttocks I would have after the initial tasting.

• coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    so since everyone seemed to really like them, what happened to them? Why are they not available anymore?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    coachjamie:
    so since everyone seemed to really like them, what happened to them? Why are they not available anymore?
    There was a hold up at the factory for a while. Alex posted in the beginning of this thread. Looks like they may be available someday. I have one left of each.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Is it bad that I've not smoked a single one of my original sampler? Too scared to smoke greatness!!!!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I just wish I could have had a chance at these, guess I joined too late
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    I just wish I could have had a chance at these, guess I joined too late
    Agreed these sound great.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Lasabar:
    Is it bad that I've not smoked a single one of my original sampler? Too scared to smoke greatness!!!!
    Lassy, Welcome back!
    Fourtotheflush:
    Lasabar:
    Lassy, Welcome back!
    welcome back lassie! and yes it is bad that you haven't smoked one.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Lasabar:
    Lassy, Welcome back!
    +1
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Lasabar:
    Lassy, Welcome back!
    welcome back lassie! and yes it is bad that you haven't smoked one.
    to celebrate your return, you should smoke one.
    Lasabar:
    We all knew you were sick Lassy, but that is bodering on insanity man !
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Great to hear the good news.....can't wait to order...