Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

El Rey Del Mundo

I just smoked an El Rey Del Mundo that I got when I was overseas in Ireland a few weeks ago. As my first Cuban, I wasn't very pleased. It was so tight it felt like I was forcing the flavor out of it, and when I loosened up on it, I didn't get anything out of it. It burned ridiculously slow and it wasn't enjoyable to me. Is there anyone who's had experience with this cigar?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ISOMs do better with some age on em
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I have a box of these, none have been too tight. you have to be carefull buying cuban cigars, its real easy to get tricked into buying counterfeits. how much did you pay for the erdm?
  • Options
    I got it over Spring Break when I was in Ireland. I payed 20 Euro for it so about $30. It was from a really fancy cigar shop in Dublin next to a Peterson Pipe store.
  • Options
    WolfdaddyWolfdaddy Posts: 8
    I hate the term "ISOM"

Unless this really fancy store you speak of was a LCDH, then there's a very good chance it was a fake. Or it may not have been stored right, or it may have been too young, or all of the above.

• Options
    Wolfdaddy:
    I hate the term "ISOM"
    hmmm. I only used the term because i wasnt sure how cigar.com felt about the namming of the actual country. I remember that AmBack wanted you to not use the word because of random searches on the internet and people trying to get illegals there. there was some rule about it a bit back. I was just playing it on the safe side
  • Options
    WolfdaddyWolfdaddy Posts: 8
    I don't remember any such rule, but I have been away for a while. Always good to err on the side of caution I guess.
    I didn't mean to be a pr*ck to you, I just don't like the term is all.

• Options
    i could be wrong about the rule. lemme put it this way: i THOUGHT there was a rule and thats why everyone used "ISOM". ... i have been known to be wrong. (a lot)
  • Options
    z3roz3ro Posts: 20
    sorry to sound dumb and jack this thread, but what does ISOM mean?
  • Options
    Island South Of Miami ...aka cuba