Getting your a$$ kicked

13»

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    jliu:
    greg2648:
    I have had it happen twice to me. First time was a CAO Soprano and the second time was a Cohiba 1966 EL. I think it was due to me smoking too fast.......No problems since......lol.
    Are those CAO Sopranos hype or actually worth it? I saw some at my local BnM. Feedback?
    The RobbyRas is a Soprano "Master". Personally, I enjoy them. Could just be some hype. I consider them a Premium cigar.
    I'm in luck. I'll see him in a few days for Dennis's pass so I'll get his feedback. Then again no feedback is the same as smoking one myself haha. Oh heck with it, i'll go grab one.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    20 dollar stick here. Never tried it
    Hmmmmmmm.......I will have to put that in my notes on you.......
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Yeah I lied. I've had a ton. Just didn't want to admit it lol
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Yeah I lied. I've had a ton. Just didn't want to admit it lol
    Toooooo late.......You have landed on a piece of "fly paper". Curtains for you......
  • Options
    Dude I already owe you n everyone else the equivilant of a kidney. Jiunn (like the month) said he hadn't tried it first lol
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Dude I already owe you n everyone else the equivilant of a kidney. Jiunn (like the month) said he hadn't tried it first lol
    hey hey don't rope me into this jerkface. I said I'm gonna go to my BnM and buy one.
  • Options
    jliu:
    Direwolf:
    hey hey don't rope me into this jerkface. I said I'm gonna go to my BnM and buy one.
    and for the record, if you get bombed, you don't owe people ANYTHING.
  • Options
    jliu:
    jliu:
    Direwolf:
    Well said.......
  • Options
    jliu:
    Direwolf:
    I'm going to whole foods to buy some organic potatoes
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    greg2648:
    I have had it happen twice to me. First time was a CAO Soprano and the second time was a Cohiba 1966 EL. I think it was due to me smoking too fast.......No problems since......lol.
    Are those CAO Sopranos hype or actually worth it? I saw some at my local BnM. Feedback?
    Theyre quite good,, JJ has sent me a few and I think theyre pretty tasty
  • Options
    jliu:
    jliu:
    Direwolf:
    I know the rules, doesn't change how I feel.. so suck it Trebeck!
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    jliu:
    jliu:
    Direwolf:
    turned into a bit of a noob there didn't ya?
  • Options
    jliu:
    Direwolf:
    jliu:
    jliu:
    Direwolf:
    turned into a bit of a noob there didn't ya?
    Yep made the mistake of saying I hadn't tried something.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I've always enjoyed the Soprano cigars one of my fav from Cao. The sampler on c.com only way you can still get te se tony soprano
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The guy at the B&M yesterday tried to talk me into buying one. They even had the Tony Soprano edition from the sampler as singles, but I hadn't heard enough about them to pull the trigger. I might have to go back and grab one and see what all the hype is about. For those that have tried them, is the special Tony Soprano vitola the best one?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    JdN Dark Corojo...on an empty stomach. My entire body went numb.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed all of them but I would hvae to say the Tony Soprano or the Boss were my favorite. Def my favorite offering from CAO. I here you Steve the background written up on c.com makes you think that the dark is a milder edition than the regular Antano I made that mistake really starting to enjoy them though. Def one of the best part of Cigar fest pick up a couple and now I love um.
  • Options
    rudel.dietrichrudel.dietrich Posts: 33
    The last to give me trouble was a Pueblo Dominicano. I had eaten a heavy meal and was not feeling well in the first place but lit one up in the torpedo size. It was a spice bomb and I smoked it down to the nub. It hit me hard all of a sudden and I got so sick that I actually vomited. Very embarrassing but I learned my lesson. No smoking when feeling unwell.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I only took part of the advice JHewey gave me when I lit up the T-52 he sent. I Was sitting down, full stomach not really...
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Gurkha Triple Ligero last week. I couldnt leave my buddies house because i felt drunk. When i first started enjoying cigars(about a year ago) i had an acid extraordinary larry that i smoked super fast. I started sweating, got dizzy, and almost puked. I like em now though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    The guy at the B&M yesterday tried to talk me into buying one. They even had the Tony Soprano edition from the sampler as singles, but I hadn't heard enough about them to pull the trigger. I might have to go back and grab one and see what all the hype is about. For those that have tried them, is the special Tony Soprano vitola the best one?
    IMO the tony is nice because it is larger and seems to have more flavor. The boss is also nice as well. I got a few 5ers of the TS a while back and hopefully can get some more if I can fine them. I wouldn't pay inflated prices for them but they are a nice cigar. Probably my favorite that CAO makes other than the America. Though the Italia and the Brazilian are nice, they have a lot of QC problems. I've gone through 4 boxes of the Americas and little issues what so ever.

The Soprano's also suffer from draw/construction problems as well though I have only had them on the Boss and Soldiers as I did have boxes of them at one time. The TS have been pretty good other than some uneven burning which may or may not be due to me.
  • Options
    josiahcoljosiahcol Posts: 70
    CAO LX2, my brother gave me 2 of these as a gift one night and i smoked one with him on his deck, i wasnt able to get up out of the chair for at least 30 min after i was done. Funny thing was it didnt hit me at all until about 2/3 of the way through and i had eaten a big dinner a little while before. Thats what i love about cigars, there is a suprise around each corner!