Home Ratings & Reviews

5 vegas gold maduro

5 Vegas gold maduro
Size Corona 6x44 (retail 3.75)

Pre light:

Wrapper is a little sloppy. There is a nice even tightness from head to foot. The pre-light draw was very good. Taste was a little earthy and strong tobacco. The fell of the stick had a nice balance looks like the booking was done by a Lieberman but I am just taking a educated guess.

1st turn: Burn line a little wavy. I would say it’s more medium body. There is a nice sweetness on a really short finish. The smoke has a nice balance and enough complexity to get you interested. The stick needs a corrective light right off the bat. The draw is great I’m starting to get a little pepper in there with the sweetness on the finish. About a inch in there is starting to have a little coffee come thru. Burn line really wavy.

2nd turn: Some spice coming thru. The wavy burn is starting to piss me off. A little more pepper is coming threw on the finish and the smoke is still cool. The flavors are building which is good. Every thing is starting to get a little richer. Burn still sucks

3rd turn Things are starting to warm up but not get hot. The flavors are filling in and starting to get a little stronger which is a good thing since the flavors on this is light at the beginning (but still complex and balanced) to me the flavors pretty much stay the same thru out the smoke just get more intense as the cigar builds.

Note: the bad burn line is most likely because it did not have enough time in the humi.

This is a pretty good smoke it has the complexity of a fuller body smoke without the punch and without the over powering flavors that comes with them so much.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I smoked a toro yesterday, about 5 minutes after USPS dropped it off at my house. Although I can't comment on the flavors (my palate isn't anywhere near good enough), I agree with just about everything you said from the wavy burn to the medium body.

I'm a guy who typically avoids maduro's due to a few bad experiences (I hate full-bodied smokes due to the nausea they give me, so I stick to mild/medium) - that said, these smoke pretty good. I've no idea what I tasted, but when I first lit this one, the first few draws brought out some really bold flavors that settled down after about half an inch - after that, it was a really nice, smooth smoke the rest of the way. The cigar tasted very smooth and the flavors were nice - I was surprised that a cigar that back off the back of a USPS truck had no harshness to it (very admirable quality IMO; only ever seen that in a few Cohiba's or the MOW Virtue). Towards the end, I had some trouble keeping it lit (though it was pretty windy outside, which may explain it). All in all a very nice cigar; I smoked it on an empty stomach and didn't really feel anything - this ain't a full-bodied cigar, more like a medium or maybe a mild-medium. Definitely something I'll enjoy smoking again.