Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliva V

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
Much has been said about this stick in the past, but I smoked a pair for review yesterday and I thought this'd be a good thing to bring back up. I was wondering, have you found any difference in the newer Oliva V's? I remember them being a little lighter before, in color. Also, does anyone else sense a similarity between how the ligero was handled here and how it was handled in the Cain?

Comments

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    I see the similarity in the ligero. The V doesn't hit me quite as hard - the flavor is sooo good. I would say I prefer this to a cain. Naturally I'm smoking one now. The V is my favorite Oliva most of the rest hit me as pretty ho-hum. No shock that when I went to the Cain event, Sam picked out a V as his smoke.

I also noticed the difference in the wrapper color, but I just kind of chalked it up to one crop vs. another. Did you have thoughts on a slightly different wrapper then in the past?
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I'm not sure. The only first-run V I have left is a maduro, and I'm saving that baby for awhile longer. So i can't compare texture or the tooth or anything from the wrappers. If anyone has bought a 2009 rendition and would like to compare it to the older one, please let us know.