Home Non Cigar Related
Options

One week 'til life begins again....

Welp, folks, it's that time of the year again and on this coming friday, the 20th, I will embark on the newest leg of my life-long journey. The adorable, wet-behind the ears Mr. Pillow is moving into his new apartment/man-cave and starting life anew as a undergrad student at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi.

Now it may not seem like much, yes I know, most people go off to college and so on and so forth, but for me, this is a BIG triumph in my life. The financial and family situation in my household has been absolute *** for the past decade, and I absolutely cannot wait to finally get out of that life and be on my own, and it has taken a lot of hard work to be able to finally do so. Anticipation has built up all summer and I am about ready to blow!

Expect a photo-journal to be coming of the moving in process. I know most of you don't care, but I gotta be able to gloat somewhere ;)

Will definitely celebrate the first night in the new cave with a special cigar and a dram of something delicious on my private balcony.

Here's to the future, gents!
*raises glass*

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, man! College is really where life begins. High school suuuucks. In any case, two pieces of advice: 1) Be frugal with your money: You don't wanna be like the rest of us and resort to eating beans out of a can or go on a miso ramen diet like me. 2) Don't procrastinate too much: This killed my GPA lol
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    It's not about what it means to us. Sounds like a great personal triumph. Enjoy every minute of it! Congrats!
  • Options
    That's great man. I went away straight out of college and totally made a mess of it, and went on academic suspension because of it. It took me two more years to get my *** together and get my GPA straightened out, and now I'm applying to schools I would never have dreamed of. The biggest secret of success at a university is....show up. Seriously, show up to every class you can make it to. Plus, your professors will get to know you, and you can get away with sooo much more as far as them being lenient with due dates. But party hard man! just don't do it every night, and day, and morning...lol
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    It's funny, I'm now in my last semester of college, set to graduate a semester early (just one credit, one third of a class shy of graduating a year early, darn it!) but definitely enjoy that first year. It's excellent, and try to keep up this attitude when finals roll by. One of my favorite things to do is walk around campus smoking a cigar, so I hope you enjoy the same. Congrats on this victory; may it be the first of many.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats man, sounds like you are ready for it.
  • Options
    Congrats man! Another piece of advice, Don't take any time off. I said I was going to take a semester off and it turned into two and a half years. Going back is extremely hard to do. Now, I'm almost a senior after being in school going on seven years.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    ahhh, college. Good luck to you man. I look back fondly on my college experience. Those were the best 9 years of my life!
  • Options
    What are you going to school for?
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Since Pillow hasn't responded. He going for marine biology although after see some of his photography I think he's takin the wrong major but that just my opinion.
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Thanks for all the congrats guys!

Mr Dzikoski is correct, I am going as a Marine Bio major. Tomorrow is my last day of work, then I start packing like crazy. It's going to be a hectic week!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Enjoy Corpus. I used to live there back in the late 80's, it's a fun little town. Try Laguna Reef restaurant in Flour Bluff, in Bluff's landing.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck man.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Wow. To be 19 again and heading off to Texas A&M........ Aaaah, I miss college. Good times. I envy you, dude.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Heavy:
    ahhh, college. Good luck to you man. I look back fondly on my college experience. Those were the best 9 years of my life!
    Are you a lawyer or a doctor or you just liked school that much?
    GL OP, and have fun!
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Holy Crap, Someone from this forum is coming to corpus, have to get together for a herf. Let me know
  • Options
    Welp, I'm here and settled into my apartment so far. Classes don't start for another 4 days or so, but already I'm busy as heck gettin everything ready! Will post up pictures some time this weekend once things calm down a bit.

Bob, I'll have to hit you up some time once it's not so hectic!
  • Options
    Move in complete, classes have begun, and heres some pictures as promised!!

And before anyone says anything, all the stuffed animals were gifts from the lady so I have no choice but to display them =P

I still need to get some pictures from around campus, but here's their generic overhead picture.

Unfortunately I've had some throat issues goin on this week so I haven't been able to light up yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to doing so on our private balcony =D

Cheers!