Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Camacho San Luis y Martinez No. 1

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
Camacho San Luis y Martinez No. 1 started at 1:50 pm and ended at 4:10pm 7.25 x 56 First off there is NOTHING known about this cigar only that it originates from Honduras. Camacho is keeping everything secret about this blend other than they wanted to try and make it close to the original Cubans. Pre-light - Cap was very dry. It was cracked upon inspection. It has been sitting in my humidor with the cork off for over a month which I found odd for it to crack so easily. The wrapper felt a bit brittle but nothing chipped off or anything when I felt how packed it was. Its slightly spongy but when cut had a firm draw. The unlit draw gave a sweet almost raisin taste. The wrapper is also a medium brown and has a lot of tooth. First Third - The first inch gives off creamy coffee notes with some leather and earthy nuisances. From some of the Dominicans Ive had this tasted slightly of that. But since everything is unknown my guess is just my own. You get the hint of a Maduro sweetness to it but again who knows! The burn becomes uneven but then corrects itself before it ashes which is odd. I thought the wind was a factor but when it died down the burn stayed the same. Also the ash is really flakey. Second Third - Getting into the second third the flavor starts to become fuller with the leather and earth still there but the coffee turns to some black coffee. In the middle it gets some hints of Vanilla and for a few puffs I tasted Cherry. The burn is still consistenly going uneven and correcting as its about to ash. As I was nearing the last third it went out randomly. The relight was fine but it was a bit harsh. Last Third - Getting into the last third were the same key note flavors. Nothing too different to report other than the Vanilla and Cherry disappearing. All in all this is a good smoke. This size is just too large and smokes too long for the minor complexities it produces. It does come in 3 sizes that I know of: No. 1 7.25 x 56, No. 3 5 x 52, No. 4 5.62 x 46. I would recommend the No. 3 for the robusto size. These are at an awesome price too. Well thats my first review. Thanks for reading BORKs.
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Nice Review J. Originally, there were 4 sizes released but I think one of them has since sold out as they're supposed to be a limited run. Not a bad smoke and I've noticed they're fairly consistent throughout the sizes - I've tried 2 or 3 of the 4 sizes so far.

On a side note, I just sent one of these to Kuzi in a trade and am curious as to what he thinks, since he's such a huge fan of Camaho in general.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Rob. Yea thats what I kinda figured lol. Wayne and I were going to split a box but the price jumped about $20 so we said forget it.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky