Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo

HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
Decided to pull this one out of my humi since it's been taunting me since I put it there. Also managed to write up a review in the process since I can't figure out how to link things the spiffy way here is the direct link: http://wbfiller.com/joya-de-nicaragua-antano-dark-corojo-peligroso/

As always I ask for your feedback cause I like to know what people think!

Comments

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Hayblet:
    Decided to pull this one out of my humi since it's been taunting me since I put it there. Also managed to write up a review in the process since I can't figure out how to link things the spiffy way here is the direct link: Dark Corojo Link

As always I ask for your feedback cause I like to know what people think!
    Fixed it for ya
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Nice review, now I think I want one...box..
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    It's a really good stick. I like it more than the regular line. I've only had the El Martillo size, but I've had about a half dozen of them. They require a little more TLC than other sticks for the most part, but they're worth it. I wish JdN would wrap them in cello. I've had more than a few already with chips and cracks, and that part is getting old.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Russ55:
    It's a really good stick. I like it more than the regular line. I've only had the El Martillo size, but I've had about a half dozen of them. They require a little more TLC than other sticks for the most part, but they're worth it. I wish JdN would wrap them in cello. I've had more than a few already with chips and cracks, and that part is getting old.
    I love the regular line. Will have to give these a go. Nice review.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    I love the regular line. Will have to give these a go. Nice review.
    Yeah, I do too. I meant it as a compliment to both, but I don't know if that's how it came off.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    The original line was one of my favorite smokes for years. I could swear I remember getting them for like $5-6 bucks per stick, as I remember thinking of it as the best bang-for-the buck cigar on the market.

I've only smoked one of the Dark Corojo. That thing is PO-TENT. I'd put it right up there with the Cain F any day of the week.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Hays and I actually each got one Dark corojo I think before even ccom had them for sale from a event we went to in Sacramento..by far my top 5 stick right there...and i just got bombed two of them...its hard not to smoke them at the same time lol
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    The original line was one of my favorite smokes for years. I could swear I remember getting them for like $5-6 bucks per stick, as I remember thinking of it as the best bang-for-the buck cigar on the market. I've only smoked one of the Dark Corojo. That thing is PO-TENT. I'd put it right up there with the Cain F any day of the week.
    The potency of this cigar did remind me a lot of a Cain F but I felt the JDN had more flavorwise going for it Cain F seemed like a 1-trick pony
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I gave one to a friend to smoke with me tonight. I definitely had to steal a few puffs off of his - what an awesome stick. I'd have to say my favorite stick in the $5 range without question. Well, at least that's what The Beard got them to me for a couple months ago. Definitely on the list of sticks to rebuy - almost out!
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    TatuajeVI:
    I gave one to a friend to smoke with me tonight. I definitely had to steal a few puffs off of his - what an awesome stick. I'd have to say my favorite stick in the $5 range without question. Well, at least that's what The Beard got them to me for a couple months ago. Definitely on the list of sticks to rebuy - almost out!
    They may have gone up. I believe I was quoted $7 each by The Beard for the El Martillo. Still worth it at that price for me though. Other sizes may be cheaper too.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Other sizes may be cheaper too.
    yeah, but not as good if you ask me. The torpedo comes close but falls just shy of the mark...imo anyway.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    yeah, but not as good if you ask me. The torpedo comes close but falls just shy of the mark...imo anyway.
    I see the El Martillo's are on back order. Have to try to get a fiver of these when they become available.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    I see the El Martillo's are on back order. Have to try to get a fiver of these when they become available.
    Personally, I have to agree with Kuz and say the Peligroso is my favorite size. He mentioned this in another thread, but I've had the El Martillo and the Peligroso and the small size just seems so flavor packed! These are also on back order, but one I'd love to get a box of at sometime.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I think these things are absolutely phenomenal! From the very first scent off the light to the last finger-burning puff I was loving it! I absolutely recommend these to anyone who loves a rich thick smoke with TONS of body. As for the regular Antano line though, I can't say I am awe-struck. They are a decent smoke for sure, but there is just something about them that doesn't quite do it for me.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    Personally, I have to agree with Kuz and say the Peligroso is my favorite size. He mentioned this in another thread, but I've had the El Martillo and the Peligroso and the small size just seems so flavor packed! These are also on back order, but one I'd love to get a box of at sometime.
    I really want to try the peligroso, so far the el martillo has been the best for me, but if another one has even more flavor them I'm all over it.