Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My thoughts on/ Gurkha empire III

Gurkha Empire III

Robusto

Retail $6.00

Wrapper maduro

Pre Light

The aroma from the foot is clean tobacco and earth. The wrapper is chocolate brown and has a two tone discoloration and pretty veined. The cigar is a little to tight from head to toe. There is a knot about two inches in I hope does not affect the draw. The fake triple cap looks nice the booking is a little loose in the center with the edges being really tight it must just be the tip since the stick is so tight. Looks like it might have some burn issues. Despite the tight stick the pre-light draw is pretty good just a little tight. The cap has a nice clean tobacco taste on it.

1st turn
As the smoke starts there is a nice coffee taste coming out on the finish which is starting out short. This is defiantly a mild body smoke there is a little toast and earth in the flavors now. On the draw there is a good chocolate flavor coming thru. The burn is a little wavy and the ash is a little flakey but forming nice. The chocolate and coffee flavor is really picking up and tasting good there is also a nice sweetness in there.

2nd turn
The chocolate and coffee flavors are changing rolls threw out one is defining why the other is underneath then they will switch the earth is also coming out pretty strong now. The burn is wavy but I only had to get the lighter out once. I got threw the knot with no draw issues although the draw is a little tight for me but would most likely be perfect for another’s liking. The finish is starting to last a lot longer and is more of a medium finish now. The smoke is starting to warm up and a little pepper every now and then is coming out on the back of the palate the sweetness is holding slightly throughout the smoke.

3rd turn
The flavors are becoming a bit acrid and this smokes flavors is really starting to fall apart this is really disappointing since the smoke started out pretty good. I never had a smoke turn this bad this quick on me. I am about a hour in and I am laying this thing down with about a little over a inch and a half left.

note: I think I may have had a bad stick at the end here since it started out pretty good I will revisit this one to give it another shot its worth a try but I would not pay retail until I smoked a couple and make shore it will stay good the hole way through.

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey ship, nicely written revioew.. It sounds like you got a ton of enjoyment out of that stick, and with just an inch plus left.. It probably was not a bad stick as much as perhaps, tar build up ... just time to quit that one. I have had many cigars turn in very short time.. and put them down pleased. It happens. I'll find one and give it a try based upon your review.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    For me the whole Empire line (except maybe the V) has been like that, getting very acrid quickly at some point in the second half. Seems to me like they could use some age and maybe even dry boxing.