Home General Discussion

What would you get?

I just got a $30 gift certificate from my in-laws for my birthday and cant seem to settle on what to get. I still have not received a paycheck from my new job so I cant go over but for some reason I cant make myself sit on the gift cert and wait to have some more cash. So if you had $30 what would you get?

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    A box of CCom Sungrown... or La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    wwhwang:
    A box of CCom Sungrown... or La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte
    If only either of those could be had for $30...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    A five pack of JdN dark corojos and as many singles of the new house blend sun growns as they'll throw in.
    There's some pretty sweet samplers for 25-30 on the clearance page.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Well...there's always the AJ Dirty Dozen sampler
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'd agree with the dirty dozen sampler or get some JDN Dark Corojo's if you want a seriously full powered cigar and see how many of the new Sungrowns they would throw in
    wwhwang:
    Well...there's always the AJ Dirty Dozen sampler
    Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Really good bang for $30!
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't go wrong with the AJ dirty dozen.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I'd personally wait until you start getting regular paychecks. I like ordering a bunch at a time so Jeff Jackson can work his magic!
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    completely agree here...or u can buy a celebratory cigar for when you find a full time job and start getting ur paychecks in...I got a 30dollar Gurkha Art Deco p.E that is pretty hard to get and will smoke it the night before I start working full time which is in 1.5 weeks baby! lol
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    TatuajeVI:
    I'd personally wait until you start getting regular paychecks.
    +1. It sucks to wait, but if I were you, I'd sit on it for awhile until I knew I could spend.

Though if I had some extra, I'd probably go for a box of 5 Vegas Gold Maduro - the toro vitola are quickly working their way up my 'favorites' list
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'd sit on it as well, then you can put it towards a box or something.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I am trying to sit on it until I start getting paid. It sucks starting a new job in the middle of a pay period. Its just so hard sitting here looking at all the great cigars and knowing that I have a free $30 sitting in my account and not using it.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I'd wait if you can fight off the temptation. Otherwise all of the cigars mentioned below are great.....you can always get a box of nica Libre's for just a touch over 30.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Sandman1am:
    I'd wait if you can fight off the temptation. Otherwise all of the cigars mentioned below are great.....you can always get a box of nica Libre's for just a touch over 30.
    Is $20-$30 a touch over 30 or is there a sweet deal somewhere?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    docedwards:
    Sandman1am:
    Is $20-$30 a touch over 30 or is there a sweet deal somewhere?
    Doc if you are not calling in your deals then you are not getting the best deal out there. Call in and find out is the best thing I can tell you. Of course I did get a few other things too but nothing over the top.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Thanks for the info.