Home Non Cigar Related
Options

things going right for a change

Times have been tough for a few years. Make that more 'painfull' than tough. So, when I heard that I would have my upgrading and College paid for by a 'sponsor'...well...let's just say I was more than sceptical!
I finished my upgrading a few months ago...paid for by the sponsor.
I enrolled in a 3 year college course, first year's tuition, locker and 'gold' parking pass already paid for by the sponsor
.....then I get a call to pick my my new laptop computer...already paid for by the sponsor...just bring ID.

Before anybody says it - NO, THE SPONSOR IS NOT A PERVERTED OLD MAN looking for favours! lol

I was also told to pick out a Bugatti laptop bag and some software for the computer...all paid for, as will be my school books.
To be honest, if I could trade all of this for things to be back to "the way they were before", I would. Won't happen, so I'll take what I can get. I am typing this on my new i5 CORE laptop to help me get used to it, and Windows 7. Not a bad system and should get me through school.

To all of you who are strugling with this economy, don't give up. Sometimes little miracles do happen, even if you don't really believe in them!

This Grampa starts College on the 30th of this month, just over a week from now. Wish me luck! And you'd better believe I've got a special cigar sitting in the humi for the occasion!!!

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, cam! If you didn't say it, I would've thought that your sponsor was asking for certain "favors" behind closed doors. By the way, you like popsicles?
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    When you say sponser that just makes me think of the book Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and it makes me shudder lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    LOL to both of you!

Think of the 'sponsor' as more of an insurance company that is taking care of me. That might shed a different light on things.

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Lol ok that sounds better. Whatre you goin to College for?
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    The course name is "computer programmer analist", but it's basically a course in designing database driven website applications for business. Things like online banking websites and such that need specific security on their databases and special programmes written just for their specific needs.
    My last job was designing the entire online training systempl for a major National company. 15 training programmes in all, along with online multiple choice tests, a database to hold all records of training, printable certificates for those who pass the test, and a review of the test if they failed. It was to be a carreer, but they canned me when the economy hit bottom a little over a year ago.