Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

La Flor Dominicana

rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
Anyone tried these? The B&M is having an event to meet Lito Gomez and I was thinking about attending but wanted some opinions on the cigars.

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Anyone tried these? The B&M is having an event to meet Lito Gomez and I was thinking about attending but wanted some opinions on the cigars.
    I love the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1. This cigar is one of the best finds I have made based on comments posted here. No bands, no cello, not the most beautiful cigar you will ever see, but the taste, and burn GREAT. Get some and you will not be disappointed. If you don't like them, I will trade or buy them off you. I enjoy them that much.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a double ligero in my humi right now resting. not ready yet but as soon as i smoke it youll know.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I agree with kaspera, cant go wrong with LGC cigars. Kinda like a JPG or Padron line, cant go wrong really with them.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I have had both the Ligero and Double ligero and they are amazing smokes! I would highly recomend going to this one. They are a great smoke! I wish they would come to my local B&M because I would go for sure. The only thing I know of that we have coming is the Macanudo which I'm not all that excited about and I'll be out of town that day anyway.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Everything I've heard about the Ligero and Double Ligero's are great. I have a double Ligero Lancero resting, I wanna get to that soon.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    The DL has some bite to it. I have had both the natural and Maduro. The Maduro did nothing for me, but the natural has some great flavors. It compares to a better Joya de Nic Antano. I have a couple of the other blends in the humidor including the Mysterio waiting for the right day.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Kas took the words out of my keyboard about the Cameroon Cabinet #1, in fact I think I found tonight's smoke...see ya guys.
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    madurofan:
    Everything I've heard about the Ligero and Double Ligero's are great. I have a double Ligero Lancero resting, I wanna get to that soon.

what exactly is a ligero
  • Options
    BigDan.:
    madurofan:

what exactly is a ligero
    The second highest set of leaves on a tobacco plant. They are noted for giving a cigar body.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    BigDan.:
    madurofan:

what exactly is a ligero
    The second highest set of leaves on a tobacco plant. They are noted for giving a cigar body.
    this is due to both the amount of time spend on the plant and the exposure to the sun.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well not much I can add to that except, Yep.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    A couple of month's ago I had a La Flor Dominicana perfecto... I don't know anything else about it, but it was very very tasty (and small only about 4 inches long but burned for a long time)
  • Options
    I've smoked quite a few of the La Flor Dominica line and I especially like the Double Ligero #700, which is a dark natural wrapper. The Grand Maduro #6 is yummy so are the Reserva El Jocko Perfectos in both natural and maduro. However, every La Flor Dominica I've smoked have been strong enough to make them after dinner smokes, you've been warned! :-) Cheers!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    SmokeRing:
    I've smoked quite a few of the La Flor Dominica line and I especially like the Double Ligero #700, which is a dark natural wrapper. The Grand Maduro #6 is yummy so are the Reserva El Jocko Perfectos in both natural and maduro. However, every La Flor Dominica I've smoked have been strong enough to make them after dinner smokes, you've been warned! :-) Cheers!
    Hey smoke, One of my favorites is the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1.. Remarkable smoke but getting tough to find..I noticed tons of flavor but not really the strength you mentioned, I have let mine sit for a while which may have mellowed them out a little.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    SmokeRing:
    Hey smoke, One of my favorites is the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1.. Remarkable smoke but getting tough to find..
    Fortunately this one is still in production, it just takes a long time and comes in such limited quantities. These just get better with more time on them too, I can't wait to see what they're like with a year on them.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had another La Flor last week, the Double Ligero and again an AWESOME smoke! Not sure exactly what size, but it was around 6" with a large ring ga. Guessing 56+
    I enjoyed it during a great day of Golf at Tour 18 here in Dallas. If you don't know what that is, it's replicas of the 18 most famous holes in America. Without a doubt one of the toughest courses I've ever played, the 30mph wind didn't help, and had a wonderful time. The cigar was fantastic as all the La Flor Doms I've had have been. this is one I'm going to have to keep on hand! Can't wait to try the Cameroon Cabinet!!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    So what would the highest part of the leaf be?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local B&M West Coast Clgar is having an La Flor Dominicana event Friday so I'm going to necro this thread. Sounds like LFD is well thought of, anything new I should look for?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about anything in their line is pretty good.
    Although, I have been known to start slobbering at the sight of a LFD Cabiniet Cameroon cigar.
    The Airbender is another one that  is really good.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Just about anything in their line is pretty good.
    Although, I have been known to start slobbering at the sight of a LFD Cabiniet Cameroon cigar.
    The Airbender is another one that  is really good.
    What he said.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the La Nox is the newest, good stuff. It's hard to go wrong with LFD, also try anything marked LG or Litto Gomez, you can thank me later!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the La Nox is the newest, good stuff. It's hard to go wrong with LFD, also try anything marked LG or Litto Gomez, you can thank me later!
    Yes, yes, I forgot about the La Nox. A very good cigar.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI airbender chisel is a different wrapper from a higher priming...I suggest that! Lito Gomez is a great guy and well all of his products benifiet from a few years of age! I've been lucky enough to have smoked some 10yr old stuff from lfd and it was amazing! But you can't go wrong with much. I did enjoy the maduro chisels a lot but some will bend you over if rott
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Heck, the DL chiselito are a great, quickish smoke, too.  Airbender are fantastic.  I'm still trying to dig up a Mysterio.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    So what would the highest part of the leaf be?
    As far as I know, the Ligero is the top of the plant with the Seco leaves from the middle (much milder flavor), and the final leaf being the Volado which are the leaves that make the cigar burn. A larger percentage of Ligero tends to make for a stronger stick. 
  • Options
    AFIK, the names of the leaves varies by type of tobacco.  The lower primings are harvested first allowing the higher primings more time in the sun. I've read that the smallest leaves at the top are not necessarily used.imageimage
  • Options

• Options
    I didn't get to go to the event, but I appreciate the input.   I feel like I know what to look out for now.