Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Football Draft advice

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
Hey guys...
So I am in a keeper football league and we are drafting now. We draft early via email because we have guys all over the world in the league and can't get a live draft time that works. So the scoring is basic and it's my 4th round pick. Since it's a keeper league, I was able to trade for picks last year and currently have 7 guys on my roster:
QB - Flacco ; RB - M.Turner, J. Stewart, J. Best ; WR - A. Boldin, M. Wallace

we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

so here is my dilema... I don't know who to pick!

Here are the players I'm looking at: Addai, F. Jones, J. Whitten, Ochocinco

I'm leaning toward an RB or TE here based on what other teams need and since there are still good WR's left after Ocho... Whitten is the last top level TE and the RB drop off after Jones is steep...

do I play it safe and take Whitten or do I go with the RB? If I go RB, do I take addai who is good for 10 td's or do I take risk on Jones who could go besirk?

thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    Of those choices I would go with Whitten, Ochocinco will see his production go down with the addition of TO.

When is your next pick? If you got time keep an eye on Jones, he has the promise to be an insane back, but if you have to pick soon I would take Addai IF you are gonna go with a RB. Personally I would take Whitten, Dallas has a some options at reciever but Whitten should get his fair amount of touches this season.

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    mavmech13:
    Of those choices I would go with Whitten, Ochocinco will see his production go down with the addition of TO.
    When is your next pick? If you got time keep an eye on Jones, he has the promise to be an insane back, but if you have to pick soon I would take Addai IF you are gonna go with a RB. Personally I would take Whitten, Dallas has a some options at reciever but Whitten should get his fair amount of touches this season.
    I'm on the clock and have up to 6 hours... Whitten is the safe pick here, no question... but I pick again in 7 picks... i just feel like I should take a chance with this pick, but not be completely stupid... I reached for Jahvid Best, so I think a 4th RB is a good idea... plus, only one other team in the league has 3 RB's... and 3 only have one... and those 3 teams pick before I pick again... in those 7 picks I can only see one team taking a TE at this point...
  • Options
    In that case I would probably go with Jones. Especially if you get points on returns, either way with your league situation I don't see Jones being there in 7 picks.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I agree. Jones and Whitten are your best bets. Addai will break your heart. Colts are a passing team, always will be. Ocho will probably start to split catches with TO and Palmer is a question mark, at best. Whitten will be a producer but not a superstar. Felix is going to be a stud this year, in my humble opinion.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Whitten catches passes in the middle, yes he gets his TDs but hes more of an open field catcher. He gets yards, but not TDs. Ocho Cinco, I would rather have Addai or Jones IMO. I'd also go for Shonne Green, think he has a break out year!
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Whitten catches passes in the middle, yes he gets his TDs but hes more of an open field catcher. He gets yards, but not TDs. Ocho Cinco, I would rather have Addai or Jones IMO. I'd also go for Shonne Green, think he has a break out year!
    I would be in complete agreement with you, but with the Jets picking up Tomlinson, Green isn't gonna see as many touches this year. Which is actually kinda sad I really enjoyed watching him run last year.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Addai will be splitting more time with Brown this year. Colts always seem to cut Addais touches during the year. They never allow a back to actually get in a groove ever since James left.