Home Ratings & Reviews

La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Espescial

Just finished nubbing a Robusto size of this cigar down and was generally impressed by it. It had a lot of hype before buying them and delivered in the end. I have been a fan of the regular La Aroma as a daily smoker, so I did have high hopes.

Pre-Light: The band is exquisite. Very artful and let to the hype of the cigar. Once taking it out of the wrapper, I was a little disappointed. The aroma wasn't all that. It smelled like it was going to be a mild cigar. It wasn't a cigar that you instantly start drooling over.

1st Third: Again I wasn't instantly blown away by this smoke, but it did quickly change. Once I got about 1/5" into the smoke, it really opened up. It burned flawlessly and had some great flavors.

2nd and Final Third: This cigar wasn't overly complex, but the flavors did deliver. I wasn't able to pick up all of the flavors, but I definately noticed some woody and spicy flavors. I have a couple more that I can develop a better flavor for. Overall it was a medium cigar that was very creamy throughout.

Overall opinion. I don't think that it justifys its current price point, but it was a very good cigar. I think that it would be a great stick at a $4-5 price point, but will not compete well in the $7-8 price point. There are just too many others out there that are better.

Comments

• BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    great review it kept me reading. you seemed really excited about it and to me it seemed like your review really glorifies this cigar however at the end it seems like you didnt really like it or you just didnt think it lived up to the other cigars in its price range. i look forward to reading the other reviews on this stick to see if your mind does change for better or for worse.