Home General Discussion
Options

Flooding?

YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone heard about flooding in Honduras? I heard that the Gran Habano buildings got hit. Anyone have any more info?

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I'll post the email from gran habano when I can make it to my laptop.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floods Devastate Honduras

Miami, Fl., August 20, 2010 – Severe thunderstorms have devastated Honduras causing major flooding and landslides. The Gran Habano factory has sustained damage by the floods but we anticipate that we can recover without any loss to production or distribution. However, the families in the surrounding area and our own families were not so fortunate. Reports of the damages are still coming in but have indicated that 7 major bridges have been damaged, road infrastructure is ruined and hundreds of homes have been washed away or have become inhabitable. In all there are 15 neighborhoods and districts that are in need of major support.

The people in the affected communities are currently being relocated to shelters around the country with little more than the clothes on their back. It is unknown when the communities will be able to rebuild as heavy rains are expected to continue in the upcoming months.

We are doing everything in our power to aid not only our Gran Habano families but the State as a whole. As a single company we will be limited to the number of families that will receive assistance - however as a cigar community we will have the opportunity to provide major relief to a greater number of people.

George Rico will be collecting toiletries, clothing and any other donations the good-natured people of the cigar community are able to provide. We will be accepting dropped off aid items at our Miami office or you can ship them directly to Gran Habano. All collected items will be personally flown to Honduras and distributed directly to those most in need.

Shipping Address: Gran Habano Cigars C/O George Rico 3261 NW 82nd Avenue Doral, FL 33122
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    oh thats badass....ill be shipping some stuff out on monday