Home Ratings & Reviews

A Thought for the Big Wigs at cigar.com

I was browsing sites and I saw something on one of the sites that I thought might be a nice touch. For any cigar a user browsed it listed the average rating submitted by those who have smoked it. The ratings were on Burn, Consistency, Draw, Appearance, Taste, and Construction, and each ranked from 1 to 10 (from a simple drop down list on each of the six categories).

It could be setup where any joe could submit to any cigar's rating, or perhaps it should be only those with cigar.com accounts submit ratings.

Just a thought.

Comments

• btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    I like the idea. I am big on seeing how other peoples experiences with a cigar have been. I know everyones tastes are different but it always helps when you know what other people are saying about a product.
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    That would be cool cause I love reading reviews and ratings on how people rate cigars.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    As long as everyone were to play fair, I think this idea is outstanding. I am familiar with one cigar website that does this, perhaps the same one you are referring to. I think the only problem that can arise from this is that sometimes people get spiteful when they rate things, for example if they didn't like how it tasted they will give it low scores across the board or something like that which gives an inaccurate representation of the cigars merits through the rating system, that's why I initially said as long as everyone plays fair. Though I'd like to think that 99.9% of us are mature and grown up enough to be a little less petty, but who knows.

Joe
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    cigar.com already has some of this functionality, they just leave it to the individual to type whatever they want to, instead of clicking ratings. click the R next to each cigar, it will bring up a small window with reviews, granted this feature is not used very much, most of them are empty.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Not sure how well this system works. I submitted a review several weeks ago. The screen said it would be posted after it was reviewed. That cigar still says no reviews available. It was a positive review also.